Canes land IU center transfer Zach Carpenter

Dang 141. I know PFF isn't the end all but that's not too good...Hopefully he much better than that ranking

Matt Lee a special one. Those are some hard shoes to fill. At UCF in 2022, Matt Lee PFF rating was an 82.5 overall grade, a 90.6 pass-blocking grade and an 80.6 run-blocking grade. Going into 2023 Lee was the highest graded center. I'm trying to find more stuff on Carpenter. In the first 3 weeks of 2023 Carpenter PFF was at 70.7 run-blocking grade. However, his PFF grade of 54.5 in pass protection. Forget PFF scores and coach Tom Allen considers Carpenter his best OL.

Advertisement
I got more stuff and this is from 247.

Zack Carpenter was just named as a All-Big Ten Honorable.
In 3 seasons at Indiana he made 27 appearances with 25 starts. In 2023, he started all 12 games at center for the Hoosiers.

"The former Michigan transfer played 445 pass blocking snaps in 2023 while allowing only 10 total pressures. Carpenter's 2.3 percent pressure rate allowed ranked third-lowest in the Big Ten. With Carpenter leading the offensive line, the Hoosiers decreased their sacks allowed total by 12, from 26 in the 2022 season to 14 in the 2023 season."

Me trying to focus on new pickups in tween all da *** getting posted.

hip hop dance GIF by RECORDS

Advertisement
I found Carpenter PFF for this past season. In 2023 PFF ratings for Zack Carpenter is a total of 66.1, 63.4 in run blocking and 71.9 in pass blocking. Btw Matt Lee overall PFF total for 2023 is at 89.1. ****, Lee was elite

View attachment 273154

If Carpenter was the best Center in the portal, it really doesn't matter. Besides, he's going to have some big boys surrounding him. Our OL all in will be better than last year. We have 8 guys who should be top quartile in the conference now. -- Mauigoa, Cooper, Carpenter, Rivers, Okunlola, McCoy, Kinsler and Bell.

My hot take -- if Chris Washington decides to transfer, I bet he lands at a P5 school., starts and plays well.

Advertisement
If Carpenter was the best Center in the portal, it really doesn't matter. Besides, he's going to have some big boys surrounding him. Our OL all in will be better than last year. We have 8 guys who should be top quartile in the conference now. -- Mauigoa, Cooper, Carpenter, Rivers, Okunlola, McCoy, Kinsler and Bell.

My hot take -- if Chris Washington decides to transfer, I bet he lands at a P5 school., starts and plays well.

For me the fact he made it as an all big ten honorable mention on a bad team is good enough for me

Samson has a LOOOONG way to go. First, he needed a lot of development. Second, the ACL set him back.

And you got posters legit talking about moving a stalwart LT in Rivers to guard to have Samson take his spot.

Arguably the most important position across the line. You can NOT make this **** up.

Advertisement
Samson has a LOOOONG way to go. First, he needed a lot of development. Second, the ACL set him back.
Was ACL confirmed? I thought Dmoney said on one of their live pods that it was an MCL...nonetheless a knee injury and not getting to play much at all this season will def set him back some

Was ACL confirmed? I thought Dmoney said on one of their live pods that it was an MCL...nonetheless a knee injury and not getting to play much at all this season will def set him back some

I think you might be right - MCL. Regardless, the injury set him back. Not sure what his timetable is - hoping he can make it for spring ball. If not, he's gonna be the 7-8th guy in the rotation maybe.

I think you might be right - MCL. Regardless, the injury set him back. Not sure what his timetable is - hoping he can make it for spring ball. If not, he's gonna be the 7-8th guy in the rotation maybe.
Ya and in today's era of the transfer portal it wouldnt shock me if he might bolt after next season if he doesn't see some significant PT...barring an injury setback

Advertisement
Miami picked up a huge addition to their 2024 roster on Monday night as Indiana center Zach Carpenter announced his intention to transfer to the Canes.

Carpenter is originally from Archbishop Moeller HS in Cincinnati and went to Michigan prior to Indiana. He started for the Hoosiers the last two seasons and was a priority target for Mario Cristobal and staff as it was a necessity to replace Matt Lee – who entered the NFL Draft.

Along with Carpenter’s commitment, veteran Canes lineman Jalen Rivers announced today that he is returning for his fifth season.

View attachment 273011
Love it. Go Canes 🏈

Miami picked up a huge addition to their 2024 roster on Monday night as Indiana center Zach Carpenter announced his intention to transfer to the Canes.

Carpenter is originally from Archbishop Moeller HS in Cincinnati and went to Michigan prior to Indiana. He started for the Hoosiers the last two seasons and was a priority target for Mario Cristobal and staff as it was a necessity to replace Matt Lee – who entered the NFL Draft.

Along with Carpenter’s commitment, veteran Canes lineman Jalen Rivers announced today that he is returning for his fifth season.

View attachment 273011
Plug and play! LOVE IT

Advertisement
Back