Canes in top spot for 4star DT

Advertisement
I suggest everyone check out Cory Johnson's JUCO tape posted above. He looks really good! He is really active, never stays on a block for more than a second, and constantly beats double teams and wreaks havoc in the backfield. I know it's a highlight tape, but he has a lot of great looking highlights for one season of JUCO ball and it is telling of his abilities.

For those of you with no confidence in our staff, he has some really nice offers already (considered early for JUCO prospects).

This, paired with Stuckey, would be just the get we need from the JUCO level!

Advertisement
Cory Johnson is a JUCO for the 2014 Class. I guess they are looking to replace Porter and Robinson with elder statesman.

2 JUCOs and 3 HS Seniors would be a great pull in terms of numbers. Lets hope that 2 of the 3 HS seniors are beasts like Clark and Valentine, keep recruiting Molton, Holley, Williams, Jones, Gallard etc.

:eekeyes: at that film, we desperately need some instant impact DTs next year and this kid looks like one

Cory Johnson is a JUCO for the 2014 Class. I guess they are looking to replace Porter and Robinson with elder statesman.

2 JUCOs and 3 HS Seniors would be a great pull in terms of numbers. Lets hope that 2 of the 3 HS seniors are beasts like Clark and Valentine, keep recruiting Molton, Holley, Williams, Jones, Gallard etc.

Makes sense for them to get a couple JUCOs for 2 reasons
1.) Porter and Robinson (2 of our top 3 DTs) will be gone after next season
2.) Jacoby Briscoe is gone and there are rumblings that Dequan Ivery is on shaky ground (essentially the DTs we brought in to develop to replace our elder DTs are not looking promising at the moment).

So, we def need them. 2 JUCOS and 2-3 HS DTs sounds about right to me

Makes sense for them to get a couple JUCOs for 2 reasons
1.) Porter and Robinson (2 of our top 3 DTs) will be gone after next season
2.) Jacoby Briscoe is gone and there are rumblings that Dequan Ivery is on shaky ground (essentially the DTs we brought in to develop to replace our elder DTs are not looking promising at the moment).

So, we def need them. 2 JUCOS and 2-3 HS DTs sounds about right to me

Where'd you hear Ivery was on shaky ground.

Advertisement
Stuckey is nowhere near this kid, unless maybe I missed something.

This kid looks like a legit SEC level JUCO DT which means.....

He will be in this class. He was originally committed to Golden at Temple in the 2011 class and he loves this staff. He said he could commit once he comes down for an official visit.

This guy is explosive. This will be a great get if/when he actually commits.

So he's 2014...He'll have 3 yrs to play 2 correct?

Agreed. He looks as good as the top JUCO DTs from prior years.

As you're alluding to, I do fear the SEC circus show that will probably try to permeate his recruitment in the coming months. Hope his connection with our staff and the fact that he doesn't reside in SEC territory is enough

Advertisement

Actually he graduates this summer so could come in for this fall acording an article I read, but someone must be in his ear to just stay another year at Juco. UM will most likely if his grades are inorder will try to get him in this class of 2013 and on the field in which case he will have 4 yrs to play 3.

Johnson Article
http://blog.nj.com/rutgers_football/print.html?entry=/2013/05/rutgers_recruiting_former_temp.html

Go Canes

he said by the time the summer classes end he'd be three games into his JUCO season.

Would he even have to play for his team? He could finish school, and come to UM. No reason to waste a year of eligibility to play three more Juco games. We've had kids come in that were in Juco for two years but only played one. I don't remember now who that was, but I do remember such strange situations.

As far as the comment about SEC level DTs--it wasn't that long ago that the SEC aspired to have Miami-level DTs. We've produced many that were as good as any, including Warren Sapp, Jerome Brown, Cortez Kennedy, and others. We shouldn't put up with this inferiority complex anymore. The only things we can concede to the SEC are generally lower academic standards and bundles of cash to cushion the recruits' trip to college, you know, so they have some cash on hand when they arrive to buy furnishings at Walmart and stuff like that. (Can you buy cars at Walmart?)

Advertisement

Actually he graduates this summer so could come in for this fall acording an article I read, but someone must be in his ear to just stay another year at Juco. UM will most likely if his grades are inorder will try to get him in this class of 2013 and on the field in which case he will have 4 yrs to play 3.

Johnson Article
http://blog.nj.com/rutgers_football/print.html?entry=/2013/05/rutgers_recruiting_former_temp.html

Go Canes

Good news. Hope he commits and is able to produce and help this team out on the D-line. Need it desperately.

Interesting competition for his school--they play CW Post, which I thought was a four year school, and Lackawanna (Bryant McKinnie) and Nassau Community (Robert Bass), so we've gotten kids in the past from this level of competition in that part of the country. He seems to be blowing right by people, so I wonder how good the competition is. Still, I would bring him in. He does explode and moves, and sounds pretty strong.

Brings back memories seeing a DT wearing "67" if you know who I mean. One of my favorite UM players ever.

Agreed. He looks as good as the top JUCO DTs from prior years.

As you're alluding to, I do fear the SEC circus show that will probably try to permeate his recruitment in the coming months. Hope his connection with our staff and the fact that he doesn't reside in SEC territory is enough

Not just SEC recruiting but grades are always always always a concern with JUCO's and DTs are the worst of the bunch.

I know we exploited a loophole with the SEC/JUCO/online classes last year but these DTs are tough to get.

Advertisement
Back