Canes in contact with AAC Defensive Player of the Year and grad transfer DE Roche

Advertisement
Is that official? I was told it was still pending. Though that was yesterday.
I was told (Edit) Tuesday “no, he wants to win now.” I thought that was enough. If you’ve been told, no he wants to win now, but is considering Miami too.... I stand corrected.

I was told Thursday “no, he wants to win now.” I thought that was enough. If you’ve been told, no he wants to win now, but is considering Miami too.... I stand corrected.
Nothing definitive. Just that it was pending. I'll ask again, but was hopeful we at least had a shot (which is unexpected given what's going on). We shall see.

Nothing definitive. Just that it was pending. I'll ask again, but was hopeful we at least had a shot (which is unexpected given what's going on). We shall see.
Sorry went back and it was Tuesday. At the time it was already old news. If they’re still talking, I didn’t know that. From my initial conversation and response, call me shocked. I know they’re hunting the portal HARD.

Advertisement
Bringing in a grad transfer DE means that Patchan, Rousseau, and the grad transfer will get the bulk of the DE snaps in 2020. All 3 will be gone after next year leaving little to no experience for 2021 when we face Alabama.

Young players need playing time so they're ready to be starters in the future. They'll get little to no time with a grad transfer. Why is it so hard for you idiots to understand?

Stay off the crack!!!

Advertisement
Very good player. Jump at the chance to get him.

To me, Feeley is the bigger key than Hill. Feeley would have worked with him for 2 years while at Temple and built a relationship with the kid.

He definitely knows feely is legit, but im sure if he has chances to go to what he'll consider a better team, its going to be hard to pull em in here. But with that being said, at the end of the day, the stroud affect would have to be more loud than anyone else, not sure why nobody has mentioned him in all of this, but when you got a d-line coach that in his 1st year working with the d-line can show he has a d-end in greg rousseau tied for 1st place in the nation in sacks, a defensive end that's top 10 in the nation in tfl's for loss(or top 4 if we only including P5 teams) , he'd be joining a defense that's #4 in the nation in tfl's for lose and #6 in the nation in sacks, and than add in the fact that coach stroud is on a short list of d-line coaches who can say they had the #1 overall player taken in the draft in mario williams on his resume, so he'd be in goods hands here, the question is, would they play him or greg on the strong side!

We have viable players at de... we don’t have that many viable players on the oline. How about we make that a priority. What is hill going to help tell them? How he had to play behind patchan and lazy garvin to start the year because of favoritism?

He admitted to being out of shape early in the year after injury.

Stop fueling the false rhetoric.

image.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
WE have the number one player in the 2017 class healthy and ready to go and a guy from Temple (he is good I get it) is the most important piece for 2020?

Still can't hurt though...I'm not saying most important, but can you imagine what we are bringing on passing downs next year. If Phillps is anywhere near healthy?

Advertisement
Back