Canes in contact with AAC Defensive Player of the Year and grad transfer DE Roche

We have viable players at de... we don’t have that many viable players on the oline. How about we make that a priority. What is hill going to help tell them? How he had to play behind patchan and lazy garvin to start the year because of favoritism?
You can never have enough edge rushers. We have space. Bring him on.

Advertisement
We have a lot of unproven talented DEs. It’s better to bring someone in that has experience and is pretty **** good at that as well.
Well he's going to split time with Patchan at best. Probably better than Patchan, but you saw how Hill had to split time although he was clearly better than Patchan. Rousseau got the other side on lock.

Having another veteran means we will have a lot of inexperienced DEs in 2021 when we face Bama and Michigan St. We would lose the grad transfer, Patchan, and Rousseau (NFL 1st round) who all 3 would get a majority of the 2020 snaps.

I'll take everything we can get, but I think our need is at other positions.

Other than Rousseau we have no proven de’s. Harvey looked lost and weak , he needs work. Philips is still a big question mark. We’d be foolish not to pursue a grown man to start. De is mostly young guys that probably aren’t ready.

Thst being said I doubt he comes, he’s more interested in bigger schools on bigger stages.The only chance is if they don’t want to waste a spot on grad transfer dl. They’re picky with spots, they’re all normally deep on dl.

Last edited:
Glad we are shooting our shot but so will several other big dawgs, I’m not optimistic but preach to him how he could eat being on the opposite side of the nations returning sack leader.

Advertisement
I hate to say it but UF helping Greenard to a career year is a pitch they can use if they want this guy.

According to sources, part of Miami’s pitch to Roche has included having DE Trevon Hill call Roche up to discuss what his experience was like in grad transferring to Miami for his final college season this past year in 2019.

Well, there goes the chance of getting this guy.
Was just about to say lol. Are we certain he's going to give a ringing endorsement

Advertisement
We have a ton of talented DEs. Why is the staff trying to bring in another one? See my other comment in this thread for those with negative reactions. It's a legit question.

What's wrong with a top 5 of Roche, Rousseau, Harvey, Phillips, and either Patchan or one of the Williams's.

Advertisement
I was told he wants to win now. Not a troll or joke post. He’s not interested from what I’m hearing, for that specific reason. Next

Other than Rousseau we have no proven de’s. Harvey looked lost and weak , he needs work. Philips is still a big question mark. We’d be foolish not to pursue a grown man to start. De is mostly young guys that probably aren’t ready.

Thst being said I doubt he comes, he’s more interested in bigger schools on bigger stages.The only chance is if they don’t want to waste a spot on grad transfer dl. They’re picky with spots, they’re all normally deep on dl.
Yup

Biggest portal guy in the history of portal that we need( history of portal for us). We need someone to help defer attention from GR. Patch and some freshman won’t cut it on that opposite end

Advertisement
We have a ton of talented DEs. Why is the staff trying to bring in another one? See my other comment in this thread for those with negative reactions. It's a legit question.
1578203271429.png

Very good player. Jump at the chance to get him.

To me, Feeley is the bigger key than Hill. Feeley would have worked with him for 2 years while at Temple and built a relationship with the kid.

This board has some really strange logic sometimes.

I think there's a decent enough chance we get him and I don't understand why anyone would say "we have talented DEs already!" It's not like we're using a draft pick. It's not like we have to trade one of our young DEs.

We play 4-5 of them anyway. Next year, Rousseau/Roche/Patchan/Harvey. Assuming full health (which is a bad assumption). If one of the young kids grows quickly enough and forces his way into the rotation, great.

This board has some really strange logic sometimes.

I think there's a decent enough chance we get him and I don't understand why anyone would say "we have talented DEs already!" It's not like we're using a draft pick. It's not like we have to trade one of our young DEs.

We play 4-5 of them anyway. Next year, Rousseau/Roche/Patchan/Harvey. Assuming full health (which is a bad assumption). If one of the young kids grows quickly enough and forces his way into the rotation, great.
He already told our staff no. He wants to win now. That’s not us.

Advertisement
Back