Canes go 8-4 and golden gets fired

canesstevealum08

"Wyatt, I am rolling!"
Premium
Reaction amongst college football media would be "miami not messing around or "miami is unreasonable?"

Last edited:
Advertisement
Reaction amongst college football media would be "miami not messing around or "miami is unreasonable"

As the media's main goal is to get a story, initially they'll support Goldie (because they want access). After the new coach is named they'll be kissing his butt, parroting whatever angle he's pushing (because they want access).

Advertisement
Reaction amongst college football media would be "miami not messing around or "miami is unreasonable"

It would be the latter for most.

Muschamp got somewhat of a mess from Meyer, but Florida was 2 years removed from a national title and 1 season removed from a 12-1 season. They also had the #1 class in 2007, #3 class in 2008, #11 class in 2009, #2 class in 2010. Their defense carried them in 2012 and when it was devastated by injury they fell apart last year. He brings in Pease to fix the offense, but Driskel is awful and Harris is limited and Florida is one-dimensional. As much as Foley wanted to save Muschamp he can't.

If Golden wins on Saturday he wins the following week. He finishes 8-4 and Miami wins 5 of its 6 last games. The media isn't going to hammer him with Miami on sanctions. Next year is a different story in my opinion.

Advertisement
This administration ain't even entertaining anything negative about Al. Al ain't gonna fire his buddy or any staff member for that fact. Gayters will hire Schiano and they'll rescue their class with all those 4* and 5* players still waiting for them and start kicking SEC ***. Al will still be losing to ranked teams and wowing the administration philosophy and oratorical skills. At athletic meetings they'll be mesmerized at how he spun another loss to a decent team into positive conjecture."Al you're simply amazing".

The fact that our fans even care enough to entertain this tells you how far we've fallen and how pathetic the situation is.

Under any metric relative to this program and what this program has proven itself capable of under competent stewardship, Folden has been an abysmal failure exactly like Muscrap and Hoke. Problem is that our fans are such sissies that we've allowed the media to frame the story in a way that makes UM look like a schlep program that should be grateful for whatever Folden does while ufayg and Michigan should be allowed to expect more than what Muscrap and Hoke delivered.

Who gives a fck what the ****** reactive media thinks? It's broken. Fix it.

UM, if it's going to worry about public perception, should be very concerned of being publicly convicted of racism if it keeps Folden for doing the exact **** for which they fired Shannon.

Advertisement
Are they saying that stuff about UF? Because our slug has an almost identical 4 year record as theirs.

Florida had no probation, and last year went 4-8, losing to Georgia Southern at home!

They also went 11-2, were very much in the MNC conversation and went to the Sugar Bowl. A duck is a duck man.

Again - Florida had no probation, and last year went 4-8, losing to Georgia Southern at home! Stop ignoring how bad he was instead of how good he was, it is exactly the swings that got him fired. To the folks who can will not focus, I am not talking about Golden, or sharing an opinion on Golden, I am talking about Muschamp, ok?

How bout you try not being a douche? Or, is it too difficult to not be a grammar ****?

Just acting like the rest of this board - attack fellow canes? It is bad form is it not - sorry you had to be my example. Again - apologies - just messing with you to demonstrate how low this board has gone. Out.

Advertisement
fact is we don't have the money to fire him now . go support the team so maybe we can become programs like UF who have the funds to pay 6.3 million dollar buyouts and turn around and spend 4 million a year on coach

fact is we don't have the money to fire him now . go support the team so maybe we can become programs like UF who have the funds to pay 6.3 million dollar buyouts and turn around and spend 4 million a year on coach

Do you know what a "fact" actually means?

The national media's take would be unreasonable because Al presents himself so well. I heard Cowherd say that he thinks Miami is going to compete for the MNC next year!

Obviously anyone who follows the program and knows what's going on would say it's reasonable and completely justified.

Advertisement
Back