Canes/Gators article in Miami Herald.

Alright. Let's all take a deep breath and relax... It's an opinion article. There's a companion one written by a Miami supporter that uses as many redneck jokes as you see on a gator thread here. They had an opinion piece written for each side.

This isn't some one sided story that will run in tomorrows paper. It's just online filler.

When I want Connie's opinion, I'll give it to her.
Why the **** is the Miami paper giving equal time in the first place? I seriously doubt whatever local fish-wrap in Gainesville is providing some point/counter-point editorials.

Advertisement
Alright. Let's all take a deep breath and relax... It's an opinion article. There's a companion one written by a Miami supporter that uses as many redneck jokes as you see on a gator thread here. They had an opinion piece written for each side.

This isn't some one sided story that will run in tomorrows paper. It's just online filler.

When I want Connie's opinion, I'll give it to her.
Why the **** is the Miami paper giving equal time in the first place? I seriously doubt whatever local fish-wrap in Gainesville is providing some point/counter-point editorials.

They're pretty much playing to their base. There are a **** ton of Gators down here and so that's what we see. Their ridiculousness is expected. The good thing is no one gives a **** about the Herald anyway.

Is there a way for Us to write to the paper to have these horrible articles about us stop? Maybe setup boycott the papers that do??

I had a completely different take.

Hopefully, our players will read this article a few times, and get motivated to whip 'big brother's' *** like a rented mule.

Palmetto bugs that need to be squashed?

I'm glad it was printed, and I hope it's used as it should be.

Advertisement
It ****ed me off last week when I saw those paper peddlers at the Stadium. My wife asked if I wanted a free towel and I told her I'd gladly walk back into the Team Store and overpay for a towel if she wanted one instead of signing up for that ****ty paper thats ****s on the Canes every chance they get.

Thanks for making me think about that. ****s.

Print it out, wipe yer **** with it, and drop it off at the herald peddlers' table outside the stadium tomorrow

Pretty clever, actually. Not bad for a UF grad. Now, it would only be right if some Miami fan wrote a similar piece in whatever local fishwrap they have in Gainesville. Admittedly, this assumes Gator fans can read, which is a tenuous assumption, at best.

Advertisement
Muschump is the absolute perfect coach for jortville. He radiates, from his very soul, the quintessential and schmuckiest jerkoff get under my skin tilted demeanor that so personifies all of ****-dom. Effing perfect. I hope he never leaves and skews the brand into permanent, intergalactic douche front porch banjo playing rep.

It is fitting that I mention the el fishwrap in the same post. I actually still get it at my house ONLY because my father is an old school WWII vet living with us now and is genetically pre-disposed to print - he literally reads all day long, which includes "the paper".

Two goofy things: Because it has almost no advertisers now, and obviously no writers of any ilk, it has become so thin that is barely has enough mass to carry it out into flight from the guy's car window; yet they just called for subscription renewal having the balls to quote an insane $50 increase!

Dad's gonna be reading something else.

The funny part is that she says their SEC rivalries are rooted in history, but then makes the world's dumbest throw away comment with some reference to our rivalry going back to the1800s. Yea, she went to public school.

Advertisement
WOAT hometown publication. Dave Barry and Edwin Pope are the lone bright spots (Cote and that mopey-looking dude aren't half bad, either).

I'd burn that rag in my tailgate charcoals, but I don't want to ruin my burgers.

I'm in town for the game and decided to pick up the paper. Big mistake. Pathetic newspaper.

Advertisement
Worst media market in the country

Living in Atlanta, i just have to say that it's sort of weird how the media down in South florida really likes ****ing on the Miami Hurricanes any chance it gets.....

I never see that up here about the GA bulldogs or even the GaTech yellowjackets, no matter how bad it gets, and UGa is not even in Atlanta.

They may question the coach at times, but i have never seen the Atlanta sports media ever disrespect any of those 2 schools and definitely nowhere near the level that goes on in South Florida.

Its because there trying to kill UMs football team and this is there chance I guess to bury us. Everyone hates UM but when we are winning they cant touch us, right now there beating on a fighter thats hit the canvas a couple of times. Time to put up and shut everyone up.

Honey Boo Boo? Didn't know what that was. Fortunately I have gator children and they were able to explain it to me. Flippin histerical.

I got the Southern noblesse oblige because my family on dad's side has been in the South since about 1740. There is nothing associated with chivalry that can fit in a sentance or paragraph concerning the gator, unless it is one of those compare and contrast questions form high school. I did look up white trash in dictionary and what do you know, there was a picture of The Swamp.

Advertisement
Back