Canes Football Media Day

Advertisement
Front 7 might be the biggest weakness? We’ve been hearing it’s probably our greatest strength for 2 weeks +.
Biggest weakness in the last ten years not this year. At least on the of the biggest weaknesses. Coaching/recruiting/developing has been #1. We've had a couple of decent DEs and DTs but nothing like the glory years and nothing compared to the top five programs.

Advertisement
It looks like he might have had his wisdom teeth removed. I had mine removed in college and I looked like that for a while.
Hah, it's something else. He has looked like that since he got here. Maybe a little pinch between the cheek and gums in the video. Love X Man!!! He is awesome.

Y'all know what? I am starting to really like the team we have and are building. Can I get a Whooooooooooo!!!!!!!! up in here (or a nice, tight, booty gif).
Fall ball is here, gentlemen!!!!!!!!
Thank you!

1659559169224.jpeg

Hah, it's something else. He has looked like that since he got here. Maybe a little pinch between the cheek and gums in the video. Love X Man!!! He is awesome.
I’ve never seen anyone put dip in their upper side check before. Also, not sure Mario would be cool with a player doing a media session with a wad of chewing tobacco.

I’ve never seen anyone put dip in their upper side check before. Also, not sure Mario would be cool with a player doing a media session with a wad of chewing tobacco.
DTP, you are more than likely right. It looks like some nerve damage on the left side of his face, I don't want to drag this out, doesn't matter, love X.

Advertisement
I understand where you're coming from, but I've seen so-called minor knee clean ups in the past take a lot longer than anticipated and in some cases, the knee was never right again. Guess it depends on what was cleaned up and what the problem was.

Wasn't DWade's original knee surgery a minor clean up?
The issue with Wade was back when he was still at Marquette he had his meniscus removed instead of having it repaired. All to try to get him back on the court quicker. Most of his issues in his left knee throughout his career stem from that.

Anyone who likes the Celtics(I am not one of those people) can look to how they handled Robert Williams this season if he has long term issues with his knee going forward. They removed part of his meniscus instead of doing the longer term rehab solution of a complete repair. He woulda missed more time and probably all the playoffs. They were going for a title though and he struggled dealing with that knee because even with the shorter rehab time he came back quicker than estimated.

The issue with Wade was back when he was still at Marquette he had his meniscus removed instead of having it repaired. All to try to get him back on the court quicker. Most of his issues in his left knee throughout his career stem from that.

Anyone who likes the Celtics(I am not one of those people) can look to how they handled Robert Williams this season if he has long term issues with his knee going forward. They removed part of his meniscus instead of doing the longer term rehab solution of a complete repair. He woulda missed more time and probably all the playoffs. They were going for a title though and he struggled dealing with that knee because even with the shorter rehab time he came back quicker than estimated.
The dwade story always get me bruh, even tho he still ended up an all time great but man if he never had knee issues

However many calories this kid's eating, it's not enough. I'm sure he's working hard in the weight room but I doubt that he's sticking to his prescribed meal / nutrition plan if he's still that thin. Still only 19 years old though so I'm sure the gains will come with time.

Advertisement
Some highlights from the Herald recap today:

On Tyrique Stevenson as a leader:
Addae couldn’t technically be involved with Miami’s player-led practice Tuesday inside the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility, but he had an eye on it from his perch in the football offices and saw cornerback Tyrique Stevenson taking on an important leadership role. “He was basically kind of my stand-in as a cornerback,” the assistant coach said. “You can see him running the show and doing what he does, which — you can’t hate that as a coach. You like player-led teams because those are the ones that end up being elite.”

On Nyjalik Kelly:
He has blown away upperclassmen with his natural ability. Said defensive ends coach Rod Wright: “He does things with no effort that the older guys will see him do a drill and be like, Oh my God, and then he’ll run back to the end of the line and be like, What? Almost like, Can you not do that?”

On Horton & Colbie Young:
Horton, at 6-3 and 190 pounds, will give the Hurricanes some of the size they felt they lacked at wideout in the spring. Said Gattis: “We didn’t quite have as much size as [Horton and 6-4 wide receiver Colbie Young] bring to the table, and so I think their ball skills, their ability to transition in and out of cuts is going to be very important.”
intense leonardo dicaprio GIF

Advertisement
However many calories this kid's eating, it's not enough. I'm sure he's working hard in the weight room but I doubt that he's sticking to his prescribed meal / nutrition plan if he's still that thin. Still only 19 years old though so I'm sure the gains will come with time.
I don’t think they are trying to put too much wait on JW for him to stay at safety but IDK.

Lol clearly you have no idea what ur talking about. Every college athlete just doesn’t put on weight like that. Everyone has different body types and the constant conditioning you do, keeps most athletes lean. He doesn’t need to get that big anyway being a Safety

Ah, thanks for the reminder of the DWade surgery timeline. I remembered that they removed rather than repaired his meniscus but I forgot that the initial surgery was at Marquette.

Advertisement
Back