Canes Football Media Day

I really don’t know how she still covers Miami football for the herald jeez
Here's a fact, Miami's front seven has been nowhere near the Bamas, UGAs, and Clemson's of the world for the last ten years or so. Not defending SMD, but it's a fair question. The front seven may be the biggest weakness this team has had since it's descended into mediocrity. We now have a real staff and have a lot of new faces for the portal. I for one, want to know how they stack up. I'm very hopeful this is going to be a big improvement.

Advertisement
Here's a fact, Miami's front seven has been nowhere near the Bamas, UGAs, and Clemson's of the world for the last ten years or so. Not defending SMD, but it's a fair question. The front seven may be the biggest weakness this team has had since it's descended into mediocrity. We now have a real staff and have a lot of new faces for the portal. I for one, want to know how they stack up. I'm very hopeful this is going to be a big improvement.
I think first thing is just finding a consistent pass rusher and atleast 1 Linebacker you can count on every game. Think the front 7 will be be better then last year but that's not saying alot.

Knighton says he is up to 190 and feels great.

Keontra Smith is at 230 and also feels good and says he's maintained his speed

"Up to" 190? Ugh. Knighton was listed around 195 as a prospect, 190 on the roster, and sounds like he was never actually either weight.

I hoped he'd be more around 195 this year. Like Duke Johnson did as a JR - I think adding some weight & sacrificing some speed would be a good move

Advertisement
are all of these interviews uploaded to one site? trying to watch them all? TIA
Each media member was able to get their interviews and post on their channel I guess.. You have to go thru to see who uploaded, I just posted one with multiple guys above

Front 7 might be the biggest weakness? We’ve been hearing it’s probably our greatest strength for 2 weeks +.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The question is will Brown want to wait that long. The answer is probably no. If he doesn't beat out Garcia next spring, there is a chance he enters the portal. Players in todays age don't have the patience to wait. The same applies for Garcia if he doesn't beat out Brown next spring.
No way. If he gets beat out by Rashada, then maybe he gets into the portal. Garcia is more likely to enter the portal than Brown.

"Up to" 190? Ugh. Knighton was listed around 195 as a prospect, 190 on the roster, and sounds like he was never actually either weight.

I hoped he'd be more around 195 this year. Like Duke Johnson did as a JR - I think adding some weight & sacrificing some speed would be a good move
Man please. That kid was 178 going into the season last year. Officially! Which is why I never understood how they played the way they did. Granted, he got thrown in there because Cam and Don got injured.

Advertisement
To all the people asking why I said what I said about Jake. I know for a fact he’s struggled a lot with this offense. He was terrible at the spring game. Which is why I said he needs to make a huge leap. I hope he does. I agree he looked great in lash’s O, which was similar to the O he ran his last stop in HS. Im not rooting against the kid, I’m just speaking on what I know.

Disappointed to read that Jake is struggling. Thank you for sharing. We're all pulling for him. Can you give us a little insight as to what he's struggling with? Is he not picking up the offense? Accuracy issues? Turnovers?

Side note: anyone know what's up with Restrepo's cheek? Not trying to be weird but I've seen it huge like that in a couple videos.

It looks like he might have had his wisdom teeth removed. I had mine removed in college and I looked like that for a while.

Advertisement
Back