Canes fans: Where ya from?

I am. You?
Yes born and raised..

I graduated in 71 and played on the ‘69 state championship team in baseball.Played FB my freshman year but hurt my knee and stuck to baseball.
I met Danny and George Mira Jr at the Hotel before the national Championship game where they got shellacked by Bama..

my brother is still down there but I moved away in ‘81

Advertisement
Ok, so you played with Brooks Carey? I played baseball there too. I have rings from 95, 96. What’s your name ?

I didn’t graduate until 96. If you played against the football team in 83, I know everyone on that team, my uncle played “ Mike” linebacker for them. They also had another linebacker that ended up playing for Miami, Danny Mariscal. He’s also family to The Patchans.
I didn’t know him. Knew George Mira though. He was a real good dude. If I recall, he Had a sweet black firebird.

Advertisement
Moved to Miramar when I was 11. Years and years ago. There were cows on the other side of University Dr when we moved in. Lived on Tropicana St, near corner of Pembroke Rd and University. Yes, the planes at North Perry were crashing back then too.

Advertisement
Born in Orlando. Raised in Metro Dallas (K-10) Reside in Metro Phoenix. Enjoy your 420.

Grew up in Lauderdale Lakes until 4th grade then Coral Springs. Went to Stoneman Douglas. Now I am in Houston.

Advertisement
Grew up in unincorporated Broward County (Now known as Weston) Live in Saint Cloud, FL (Just south of Orlando) Attended Western High School.

Advertisement
From Okeechobee County, currently work near there.

Best player to still come out of there was Jimmy Jones, who won national championships and super bowls with JJ.

Rick Ross and I have something in common; we made a killin' milkin' Okeechobee, but I only milked milk, and he made millions with something called 'okie dokie'.

..I'm still not sure what okie dokie is.

Full disclosure, I’ve never even been to Miami 😂😂
Lionel Ritchie What GIF

Grew up in Clermont back when there was only one light at 5th street & hwy 50. Downtown was still brick roads and the city was surrounded by groves.

Advertisement
Back