Canes fans: Where ya from?

Advertisement
I grew up in northern Illinois. I went to UM for undergrad from 1998-2002. Senior year was that legendary national championship team. I live in St. Louis now. I see people fairly often sporting UM. I never presume that they are alumni, although some probably are. Also, when I wear UM apparel, I will sometimes get random approval from strangers here.

Born at Jackson Memorial, raised in Brown Sub, Miami, Florida. Grew up on the Lorah Park/MLK Park/Graveyard side and lived there until I was 16. Went to Olinda Elementary with the Legendary Leo Waiters. Went to Springs Middle and grew up with Nuke Jenkins, Javon Nanton and Willis McGahee. Moved to the Bahas(Carol City) in 10th grade. Wound up moving two blocks away from and becoming friends with Andre Johnson. My mom's house is right across the street from his aunt & uncle. I was shocked to find out the dude who was killing **** at a school on Flagler actually lived two blocks from County Line Rd. I lived in Tally for a couple years after I graduated. Moved to Pittsburgh(McKeesport) for a year and a half(waaaay too fuccin' cold!!!). I left there and have been defrosting somewhere in North Dade or South Broward ever since...

Advertisement
I grew up off Bomber. Transport road to be exact. **** you from the sticks too!
I was right off the main road going into Wahneta. There was a gas station on one side and a church on the other at a 4 way red light. Been 25+ years since I have been there.

I was right off the main road going into Wahneta. There was a gas station on one side and a church on the other at a 4 way red light. Been 25+ years since I have been there.

Aint changed much! That store is still there. And the big church, that is pink, it's still there as well. Huge congregation.

But if you haven't seen the new addition, Plaza Mexico is the MF bomb! There are street tacos, then there are THESE tacos. Basically is little mexico, now. As long as I've remembered, Plaza Mexico has been there. So it may have popped open once you left.

1619122431493.png
1619122440165.png

Advertisement
Aint changed much! That store is still there. And the big church, that is pink, it's still there as well. Huge congregation.

But if you haven't seen the new addition, Plaza Mexico is the MF bomb! There are street tacos, then there are THESE tacos. Basically is little mexico, now. As long as I've remembered, Plaza Mexico has been there. So it may have popped open once you left.

View attachment 146009View attachment 146010
Nice, may have to go out there and try it soon. Thanks for the heads up.

I grew up in northern Illinois. I went to UM for undergrad from 1998-2002. Senior year was that legendary national championship team. I live in St. Louis now. I see people fairly often sporting UM. I never presume that they are alumni, although some probably are. Also, when I wear UM apparel, I will sometimes get random approval from strangers here.
Where in Illinois?

Advertisement
Moved to Miramar when I was 11. Years and years ago. There were cows on the other side of University Dr when we moved in. Lived on Tropicana St, near corner of Pembroke Rd and University. Yes, the planes at North Perry were crashing back then too.
Your around my way

Born at Jackson Memorial, raised in Brown Sub, Miami, Florida. Grew up on the Lorah Park/MLK Park/Graveyard side and lived there until I was 16. Went to Olinda Elementary with the Legendary Leo Waiters. Went to Springs Middle and grew up with Nuke Jenkins, Javon Nanton and Willis McGahee. Moved to the Bahas(Carol City) in 10th grade. Wound up moving two blocks away from and becoming friends with Andre Johnson. My mom's house is right across the street from his aunt & uncle. I was shocked to find out the dude who was killing **** at a school on Flagler actually lived two blocks from County Line Rd. I lived in Tally for a couple years after I graduated. Moved to Pittsburgh(McKeesport) for a year and a half(waaaay too fuccin' cold!!!). I left there and have been defrosting somewhere in North Dade or South Broward ever since...

Dre lived int he Bahas?

Advertisement
Dre lived int he Bahas?
Yessir. He lived in the city for a little while when he was in middle school, but the Bahas is his home. 213 Terrace & 33rd Ave. His little brother Willie was one of the first people I got cool with round there. If I ain't mistaken, their ol' girl was a mail lady and he went to Miami High on a M&M transfer. He was actually supposed to be at American but those dumbasses I played for probably would've had him playing DE or some retarded **** like that...

JMH at birth. Fort Lauderdale - Westwood Heights, Parkway middle, then folks moved north to WPB. Graduated from Twin Lakes, Went to college in Iowa, Cedar Rapids, then to Oglethorpe in Atlanta, took time off from college, worked in WPB, went back to school at PBCC, then went to FIU, got BS and MS there, then went to Nova Law, lived in N Miami at time, moved to WPB, then Lantana, moved to Stafford VA, then to Burke in Fairfax VA, then to Manassas, Va. I miss all of the above and will always be a Canes fan for life wherever I reside.

Advertisement
Back