Canes fans: Where ya from?

Advertisement
Not his buddy but I’ve met Kenny Calhoun a few times. Good dude, humble, even keeled, think he’s still a police officer in north Florida area.

Although I’m digressing a bit I have to again acknowledge that he made one of the greatest defensive plays in UM football history when he deflected that last second Nebraska pass that helped UM win the national championship.(Amazing game too!)
Kenny was a good Dude. Lifted next to him while I was at Ron Frazier’s baseball camp. Back w the blue nautilus machines . He was talking to me.. Real nice guy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Home of the Hollywood “Smokatorium”. Saw KiSS there in 79 and VanHalen there on the Fair Warning tour amongst others. Legendary🤟
The Sportatorium and the old Hollywood speedway were way out west. It’s houses now but back then there was nothing that far west. I’m pretty sure both spots closed before I was born though. Or not much after

Worst cramps I had was game against KW in KW. On the positive side, went trolling for grouper there the next day w deep diving lures. Never done that before. Super cool.
I can attest to that! When and what high school did you play for?

Advertisement
I graduated in 83. Played BBall at Palmetto and BB and FB at Palmer. How bout you?
I didn’t graduate until 96. If you played against the football team in 83, I know everyone on that team, my uncle played “ Mike” linebacker for them. They also had another linebacker that ended up playing for Miami, Danny Mariscal. He’s also family to The Patchans.

Advertisement
Ha beat this f*ckers...

Napier, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand.
When I pkayed rugby at UM our coach loved the All Blacks and I Jonah Lomu, RIP. Our jerseys were not Orange and Green but all black long-sleeved. Those things were so hot we get heat stroke after putting them on.

Semper Canes!!!

I didn’t graduate until 96. If you played against the football team in 83, I know everyone on that team, my uncle played “ Mike” linebacker for them. They also had another linebacker that ended up playing for Miami, Danny Mariscal. He’s also family to The Patchans.
You from KW

Advertisement
Back