Canes drop to #6

Advertisement
Yeah, almost beating the #3 team on the road should cause you to drop. ***** it. Just keep on winning and lets throw a big middle finger up to the ncaa

Reasonable. Need to win the (2) games this week. One win secures ACC title outright. Keep Reggie Johnson on the bench and play Gamble and Jekiri more.

Reasonable. Need to win the (2) games this week. One win secures ACC title outright. Keep Reggie Johnson on the bench and play Gamble and Jekiri more.

I think we should force reggie to play both whole games with no break

Reggie drinks a Dairy Queen Blizzard during the under 16 and under 8 timeouts to keep his energy up. Keep up the good work Reggie.

Advertisement
Totally fair. Win out, have a good tourney, and maybe get a #1.

I'm just reveling simply at the fun notion that Cane basketball convos nowadays are about our placement in the Top 10. Diggin it.

I'm just reveling simply at the fun notion that Cane basketball convos nowadays are about our placement in the Top 10. Diggin it.

It's been the best and most exciting season for any Canes team in a long, long time.

1 Gonzaga (51) 29-2 1,607
2 Indiana (7) 25-4 1,517
3 Duke (5) 25-4 1,471
4 Kansas 25-4 1,433
5 Georgetown (2) 23-4 1,384
6 Miami (FL) 23-5 1,245

Very, very fair. We are highest ranked 5 loss team... If the teams in front of us win out before the NCAA's, they deserve to be #1 IMHO. When a few of them stumble, we're in good position, if we can take care of business. If we can't then that's on us.

Gonzaga's schedule is BS and they haven't beaten anyone. Their best win was against Ok St. Whatever. But that's a macro argument for another thread.

Indiana still has to play OSU and @Mich, and then a tough BIG 10 tourney.

Duke still has to go @UNC and through us in the ACCs.

Kansas' toughest game before the Big 12 conference tournament is @ Baylor, which they should be able to handle, but isn't an automatic. Baylor is 11-5 at home.

Georgetown has to play Syracuse, then go @VILL who is 11-4 at home, and then play in the BE CONF TOURNEY which has 6 ranked teams.

There is a LOT of basketball to go before the NCAA seeds are decided. Look for some major differences between today and then. And we have a very easy schedule compared to all of the above (except ******* Gonzaga). We play two bad teams in our house to finish, so the kids will get some rest with no more travel, and then in the ACC we will be the #1 seed.

Patience, homies. 95% chance we control our own destiny for a #1 seed IMHO. Our RPI and SOS is very, very strong.

:neonu:

Advertisement
#1 seed is out the window now, unless a lot of teams ahead of us collapse, or we blow out everyone in the ACC tourney, there's no way we get a #1 seed over those other schools. Our lack of basketball tradition ends all chance of that.

I do find it kinda funny that Duke goes 1-1 and stays third, you lose to an unranked team on the road, and squeek by a team you were favored over and ranked higher than at home. Apparently the pollsters have a ton of respect for them beating Miami.

#1 seed is out the window now, unless a lot of teams ahead of us collapse, or we blow out everyone in the ACC tourney, there's no way we get a #1 seed over those other schools. Our lack of basketball tradition ends all chance of that.

If we win out (includes the ACC tourney) I guarantee we get a #1 seed.

Advertisement

Ill 2nd that. No way the acc doesn't get a 1 seed if reg season and tourney champ are the same team.

Ill 2nd that. No way the acc doesn't get a 1 seed if reg season and tourney champ are the same team.

If we win the ACC tourney but don't go through Duke, and everybody in front of us wins out, we won't get that #1 seed

Yeah, almost beating the #3 team on the road should cause you to drop. ***** it. Just keep on winning and lets throw a big middle finger up to the ncaa

The number 3 team that many believe is the BEST team in the nation with Ryan Kelly back...

Duke can't beat us again because Kelly will not have another game like that. It's laughable that it took him scoring 36 to beat us...yet we drop a spot...ha ha

Advertisement

The number 3 team that many believe is the BEST team in the nation with Ryan Kelly back...

Duke can't beat us again because Kelly will not have another game like that. It's laughable that it took him scoring 36 to beat us...yet we drop a spot...ha ha

If that dude doesnt go off like that we would have ran duke outta their own building!!!

If that dude doesnt go off like that we would have ran duke outta their own building!!!

Yep...no doubt. Still, we did not adjust for him. I dunno...definitely wasn't a bad loss. Would have been magical to beat Duke twice in one season and three in a row.

Yep...no doubt. Still, we did not adjust for him. I dunno...definitely wasn't a bad loss. Would have been magical to beat Duke twice in one season and three in a row.

i'm no basketball wizard or anything but I would have told who every is guarding him not to eave him at all. Kadji killed us by leaving him to help and leaving him open for the catch and shoot 3's. feel like all of his shots came when someone was running to try and get a hand up. after he hit the first couple and you could see he was going to have a big game we should have never left him uncovered.

I really wish you had read my post!

Advertisement
Back