Canes @ Coach who recommended Perry Clark to Miami

So...NIT after we lose in the first round of the ACC?

I'll bite on your trolling to bring up a related thought.

I wonder if we lose (I think we play Syracuse) whether we might drop to a 10 seed, and thus not be matched up with a 1 seed in round 2 if we can get by the 7 seed.

Would you rather be a 9 seed or a 10 seed in the NCAA tourney?

I'd rather be a 10

Advertisement
They cover on the layup at the buzzer.

I fully expect us to be one and done in ACC and NCAA tourneys. Hope we exceed that low bar. Love the defense, but our offense is so painful to watch.

Yup 100%. We are actually a sweet 16 team with Newton off the floor/team

Newton is a well chronicled problem, but we aren't a sweet 16 team this year no matter the lineup. No PG, no consistency, no depth.

Last edited:
We lost two road games this week to two NCAA tournament teams. Both games came down to the final minute. Combined, I think FSU and VT are 33-1 at home this year. FSU has won 20 in a row at home. We did not play particularly well in either game and could have won both. Jesus ******* Christ, people. Even if we lose the first game of the ACCT by 900 points, we're still in the NCAAT. The ACCT is for seeding. We win on Wednesday and we're an 8. Keep winning and we can be a 7 or higher. We lose on Wednesday and we're a 9 or 10.

We lost two road games this week to two NCAA tournament teams. Both games came down to the final minute. Combined, I think FSU and VT are 33-1 at home this year. FSU has won 20 in a row at home. We did not play particularly well in either game and could have won both. Jesus ****ing Christ, people. Even if we lose the first game of the ACCT by 900 points, we're still in the NCAAT. The ACCT is for seeding. We win on Wednesday and we're an 8. Keep winning and we can be a 7 or higher. We lose on Wednesday and we're a 9 or 10.

I understand. I think the bigger problem is the commitment to a selfish player.

We somehow beat a very good team on the road without him and 2 other teams. Then, with him playing limited minutes, we beat Duke.

Are we better or worse with him on the bench?

We lost two road games this week to two NCAA tournament teams. Both games came down to the final minute. Combined, I think FSU and VT are 33-1 at home this year. FSU has won 20 in a row at home. We did not play particularly well in either game and could have won both. Jesus ****ing Christ, people. Even if we lose the first game of the ACCT by 900 points, we're still in the NCAAT. The ACCT is for seeding. We win on Wednesday and we're an 8. Keep winning and we can be a 7 or higher. We lose on Wednesday and we're a 9 or 10.

We somehow beat a very good team on the road without him and 2 other teams. Then, with him playing limited minutes, we beat Duke.

We need a body. You can't play 7 players.

Advertisement

You're missing the point.

Why is he committing to this guy so much? I didn't say Newton should play ZERO minutes.

[As for the bold part] We won 3 in a row without him. We won a game against Duke with him in a limited role. We can win games without him and we have. So the question remains, are we better or worse with him on the bench?

Last edited:

You're missing the point.

Why is he committing to this guy so much? I didn't say Newton should play ZERO minutes.

[As for the bold part] We won 3 in a row without him. We won a game against Duke with him in a limited role. We can win games without him and we have. So the question remains, are we better or worse with him on the bench?

As a disclaimer, I had said that Newton would never start another game at Miami (FL). The only explanation is that L is gearing up for a post-season run. The way he looks at his roster, the only way a post-season run happens is if Newton is a major contributor. When you look at it that way, it make sense.

It doesn't change the fact that Newton is as useful as a cheeseburger in a hot dog eating contest.

Once again the usual suspects, with absolutely no basketball IQ whatsoever, turn a game thread into and anti-Newton rant. And now they have gone one step further and have turned it into a coaching issue.

I love the vague statements that are thrown out there without anything to back them up... 'Well we won 3 in a row without him and now we have lost two in a row with him.' Yes...it's completely obvious that everything that does not go right for this team is Newton's fault. This includes foul shooting and **** poor refereeing. Newton's mere presence affects both of these important factors. And now the cloud of JQN is going to hang over the selection committee next week and that is going to cost this team a Tourney bid.

Advertisement
Once again the usual suspects, with absolutely no basketball IQ whatsoever, turn a game thread into and anti-Newton rant. And now they have gone one step further and have turned it into a coaching issue.

I love the vague statements that are thrown out there without anything to back them up... 'Well we won 3 in a row without him and now we have lost two in a row with him.' Yes...it's completely obvious that everything that does not go right for this team is Newton's fault. This includes foul shooting and **** poor refereeing. Newton's mere presence affects both of these important factors. And now the cloud of JQN is going to hang over the selection committee next week and that is going to cost this team a Tourney bid.

Who are you referring to right here?

No worries...not you...lol.

We have one person, in particular, that only posts to bash Newton. Page 4 of this thread...

No worries...not you...lol.

We have one person, in particular, that only posts to bash Newton. Page 4 of this thread...

Oh, Austinkunt.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back