Canes @ Cavs Game 3 1:00 p.m. ACCNx

Advertisement
Sucks...Team is pretty pathetic against good teams.

This was my point of contention. To the teams’ credit, they’ve beat the not-so-good teams, thus far. However, imo, those victories against NCSt & Va Tech were merely fool’s gold. Both teams have proven not to be that good as NCSt have proven to be ineffective against good teams, like ourselves, & VA Tech has free fallen.

Now, we have yet another tough outing on the road against a UNC squad that’s won its last 4 series.

I look at this team & it doesn’t make sense to struggle the way we have these past couple yrs, especially. Pitching is up in **** right now. It’s literally like a box of Cracker Jacks, not sure what surprise is going to found.

It’s truly a boom or bust team; it’s like if they can’t hit the long ball they don’t know wtf to do or how to operate.

Advertisement
O
Based on his performance, he deserves a chance to be the every day starter.
I saw his mother posted on Facebook that Long was at the hotel sick all day and night yesterday for game 2. Was kind of wondering why he wasn’t put in it with two outs in the 9th again.
I think he was still sick today.
Probably sick of not playing. Hope they missed him.

43665A62-D041-4496-97EC-327D8522A7E9.jpeg

🤔

Advertisement
O

I saw his mother posted on Facebook that Long was at the hotel sick all day and night yesterday for game 2. Was kind of wondering why he wasn’t put in it with two outs in the 9th again.
I think he was still sick today.
Probably sick of not playing. Hope they missed him.
Brah..are you related to this kid?

Friend of former coach
None. I have no relationship. Don't know the young man. I just call it like I see it.

Long has performed when called upon (5 for 11) with 1 HR. I think he's a better defender and base stealer in CF. The guy ahead of him isn't getting it done. A change should have been made earlier in the season in my opinion. Gomez has been given every opportunity and is still hitting around 240 with a couple of hits over the weekend that moved him to 240. He's been consistently around 200 and failing at the plate in key moments of games. Long should have got an opportunity to start (has 1) just like Cyr did when he took over for Gonzalez and never looked back.

If I'm Long, I'm out of here. Nothing more demoralizing than sitting behind a guy you are outperforming.

Last edited:
Advertisement
None. I have no relationship. Don't know the young man. I just call it like I see it.

Long has performed when called upon (5 for 11) with 1 HR. I think he's a better defender and base stealer in CF. The guy ahead of him isn't getting it done. A change should have been made earlier in the season in my opinion. Gomez has been given every opportunity and is still hitting around 240 with a couple of hits over the weekend that moved him to 240. He's been consistently around 200 and failing at the plate in key moments of games. Long should have got an opportunity to start (has 1) just like Cyr did when he took over for Gonzalez and never looked back.

If I'm Long, I'm out of here. Nothing more demoralizing than sitting behind a guy you are outperforming.

You know I have become an even bigger fan of J Long since this Fall and how well he did. But after looking back a little this graph pretty much sums him up AND fires me up more on WTF ??? . More AB's in Summer league that here for sure and look at the stats, but I guess not impressive enough to play every day. His travel coaches say he is unstoppable on the bases and we know he is the fastest on this team a reported 6.39 / 60.
You would think that getting on stealing a few scoring some MAY help the cause.

Attachments

• STATS IMG_7290.jpg
    STATS IMG_7290.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 10

You know I have become an even bigger fan of J Long since this Fall and how well he did. But after looking back a little this graph pretty much sums him up AND fires me up more on WTF ??? . More AB's in Summer league that here for sure and look at the stats, but I guess not impressive enough to play every day. His travel coaches say he is unstoppable on the bases and we know he is the fastest on this team a reported 6.39 / 60.
You would think that getting on stealing a few scoring some MAY help the cause.
It's really hard to understand why they even brought in Gomez. Long should have been slotted for CF this year and next. Plays a plus CF, steals bases, and hits close or above 300.

It really makes you wonder if there's something else going on because it just doesn't make sense. Even if you as a coach weren't convinced on his development and ability, he has proven it on the field in games. Yet, still very little opportunities other than late game replacements.

Advertisement
Back