Canes @ Cards - Decider - 1pm - Annex

Advertisement
Louisville needs to go 6-3 to finish .500 in the ACC. They have 3 at Clemson, 3 at UVA, and 3 home against FSU. Do they make it? I lean yes because of how bad FSU is.

Advertisement
Well, well - just finished replay. Great comeback by the guys! UL defense helped, but we made them pay. Leq was clutch, the bench came through and Andrew back to dominant.

Now, if we can just get Gino to end the Rosario starts, once and for all, there's hope for this team.

Well, well - just finished replay. Great comeback by the guys! UL defense helped, but we made them pay. Leq was clutch, the bench came through and Andrew back to dominant.

Now, if we can just get Gino to end the Rosario starts, once and for all, there's hope for this team.
Even if he feels fine there’s no way you should start Ligon next week, so start either Leq or Scinta and see how it goes. Can’t imagine it’ll be worse than Rosario, so you can dump him when (knocks wood) Ligon comes back.

Even if he feels fine there’s no way you should start Ligon next week, so start either Leq or Scinta and see how it goes. Can’t imagine it’ll be worse than Rosario, so you can dump him when (knocks wood) Ligon comes back.
I agree on Ligon but there's no guarantee Rosario can beat Presbyterian, and I assume it would be an RPI killer.

Advertisement
I agree on Ligon but there's no guarantee Rosario can beat Presbyterian, and I assume it would be an RPI killer.
Very much so. If we lost to them right now, I’d guess we’d drop to about 21st.

I’d don’t see him dropping Rosario until/if Ligon gets back or we’ve found another starter. Best case is you go for a 70-80 pitch start with Leq, and Rosario gets treated like he’s throwing the quick hook bullpen start. Personally, might take a Gallo start over Rosario at this point.

Helluva comeback, especially how yesterday ended. That 4-0 lead had me spooked; if there’s one thing I can say about this team, they have had some Herculean comebacks this season. Season could be a lot worse, but guys have shown grit in multiple games to keep us where we are.

Legit, and I feel like we’ve been saying this for both iconic programs, we have real talent on this team. We have some guys who r going to earn some nice pay checks at the next level. Just really hoping that we can put it all together to make a run to at least the Super Regionals, but preferably a trip to Omaha.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I am not one who usually complains on pitch calls as I think you need to swing the bat - but Levenson got totally hosed on two of those called strikes.
Yes, the umpiring is a little questionable today for sure, but the announcers are better than yesterday

Advertisement
Modest improvement. Pitt likely doesn’t do much for you even on the road because their overall record is so bad. Duke would be a solid boost. The next 8 games until Duke are really don’t step on the RPI landmine.
Pitt is a dangerous team. They've beaten some good teams. The team needs a sweep at Pitt, but I just don't have a good feeling about getting all 3. I think Gino needs to emphasize to the team what's riding on the line and that we desperately need a sweep.

That last weekend against Duke is going to be exciting. A lot will be riding on that series. 1st place in the Coastal. I know people say the conference standings don't matter, but they do because being at the top of the ACC standings means you have a really good RPI. Duke is leading the Coastal and has the #8 RPI.

As much as a rollercoaster ride this season has been, if the team could some how win out, and a good showing in the ACC tournament, they could possibly get a national seed. The team was 20-10 last year in the ACC. They need to win all 6 o f the remaining ACC games to match that record. As up and down as this season has been, I think a national seed is still on the table with a sweep against Duke. I would think sweeping them could get us to #8 if we win out.

If we could get Ligon back for Duke and then pitch by committee on Sundays, the outlook of the postseason would look a lot brighter.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but this is what fans do. We look at the possibilities.

What a weekend. Another gutsy series win. Winning on the road is so tough. This team is super resilient and finds ways to win despite not having the pitching to do so.

This team has so many holes and so many reasons to not believe in them, yet they just keep winning. They are certainly not for the faint of heart. Congrats boys, you earned it, again.

Pitt is a dangerous team. They've beaten some good teams. The team needs a sweep at Pitt, but I just don't have a good feeling about getting all 3. I think Gino needs to emphasize to the team what's riding on the line and that we desperately need a sweep.

That last weekend against Duke is going to be exciting. A lot will be riding on that series. 1st place in the Coastal. I know people say the conference standings don't matter, but they do because being at the top of the ACC standings means you have a really good RPI. Duke is leading the Coastal and has the #8 RPI.

As much as a rollercoaster ride this season has been, if the team could some how win out, and a good showing in the ACC tournament, they could possibly get a national seed. The team was 20-10 last year in the ACC. They need to win all 6 o f the remaining ACC games to match that record. As up and down as this season has been, I think a national seed is still on the table with a sweep against Duke. I would think sweeping them could get us to #8 if we win out.

If we could get Ligon back for Duke and then pitch by committee on Sundays, the outlook of the postseason would look a lot brighter.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but this is what fans do. We look at the possibilities.
Yea wo don't desperately need a sweep of Pitt, that's a bit dramatic. The coach is not going to emphasize that. We're a damned good team...but we're not necessarily an Omaha team. Bottom line is we don't have the 3 man rotation to be that. Grit can possibly get us there. Our pen has really shaped up and helped us a lot...but I don't see us getting through a Super with what we have

The emphasis should be on finishing the season with the momentum we currently have.

Advertisement
Back