Canes Camp Report (Spring, E16)

Advertisement
I have a question. Is Heurtelou the NT we've been looking for? I know he's pretty much the best DT on the roster at this point and is an upgrade over Porter and Robinson, but for the defense to be successful, we need that NT that requires two blockers. So to the people that paid close attention, should I be optimistic in terms of Heurtelou filling that void since we haven't seen Wyche yet? Keep in mind that he was going up against Gall and not McDermott in the Spring Game.

Labor Day night in Louisville is gonna be a battle with an inexperienced QB. I'll take a 24-23 win.

Man I wish Gus would follow Tucker's lead and adopt his running style. Loved those Tucker highlights.

Im a Big fan of Deon Bush but seems like he cant stay healthy.

He hasn't been the same since his freshman year. He seems to be in a weird funk out there. he looks very hesitant. Hopefully he steps bc Hester is comin for that spot. Carter is keepin Jenks off the field.

Advertisement
Deon will be alright, still ball out eventually and be drafted. Ol boy hits HARD as **** in games. Honestlye, I don't think I've seen one time where deon hit a guy and the receiver didn't come up in some kind of pain.Gets overlooked. Go back and look at some of the games he was actually able to play in, lays the boom.

Deon will be alright, still ball out eventually and be drafted. Ol boy hits HARD as **** in games. Honestlye, I don't think I've seen one time where deon hit a guy and the receiver didn't come up in some kind of pain.Gets overlooked. Go back and look at some of the games he was actually able to play in, lays the boom.

He plays anything like last year he won't be drafted. Regardless of injuries.. He needs to step it up.

He plays anything like last year he won't be drafted. Regardless of injuries.. He needs to step it up.

Last year he was still playing with pain....... Takes time.

Advertisement
Not getting the Carter hype. Hasn't done anything eye popping other strip Gus of the ball in a drill earlier on this spring.
DC has shown me more. Heck Fentress was more impressive in the spring game.

holy **** it looks like an entirely new football team. Defense looks aggressive and mean

I know QB is a huge question mark, but I like this team across the board. They look big, strong and fast( I know some will murder me for saying this but Golden is doing a nice job of building this roster).

This team is much better physically than it was 2, 3 years ago...

Advertisement
Tough to really evaluate the lines with the quick clips and the lack of context, but heres some thoughts I had.

-Fentress and Crawford have to be the two most similar looking players ever. No matter what happens theres a little guy with dreads in the middle of it. Instant entertainment value upgrade over Highsmith and Rodgers. Looks like with them and Carter, let alone Hester, we might have a little more of a playmaking presence.

- Defense looked faster. I thought last year in particular we were too big and had a certain clunkiness. Better up front remains to be seen, but good chance we are considerably faster this year, unless Al decides everybody needs to gain 10 more pounds for no reason. (entirely possible)

-Been beaten to death but good lord Coley has some take off. Might be the most talented guy we've ever had here at that spot and THAT is ****** sayin somethin. I'm not sure Dre was even as close to the whole package by the time he left that Coley is now. Who knows what the future holds but Howard, who is a glove, has looked out of his league several times in camps.

-Olsen doesn't throw a very good ball. Not a lot of velocity or strength on it either, and I think we would have a lot of the same issues with him that we would Williams. I'm not throwing the bust card out just yet but I'm definitely warming up to the idea, unforunately. If he doesn't throw particularly well, and he isn't super mobile, and he doesn't have the command, I'm just not sure what makes him the hope for the future other than ranking.

-Lot of passes batted down at the line of scrimmage. Too many variables for me to say wether its a defense or offense thing.

-Still lots of rollouts left............ I remember the one time that worked.

overall, who the **** knows.

Gonna be a long *** summer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back