Canes Camp Report: Day 7- Coach $$$ Bags

Advertisement
Gus really is out of chances and has no more excuses. He has had an entire year to sit out and think about how he wants his career to end. Ive always said he reminds me of James Stewart (our JS not the one in the NFL) and he can have a season like James S. did back in 2004...if not better. But he has to run violently like Stewart did that year. Richt seems like one of those coaches that wont wait for anyone to "have the light turn on"..either you can figure it out or its the next man up..esp at the RB position.

Looking at the season Njoku had last year should have lit a fire in Herndon a$$. If it didnt, then he doesnt deserve to be here. He basically stole his spotlight.

Pretty sure you meant James Stewart in 1994 but otherwise I agree. I've compared Edwards to Stewart since his freshman year in that they're both bigger guys with a surprising burst. Like James, Gus tends to run a bit upright and absorbs blows instead of delivering them. Hopefully, he can be the one laying the lumber this year. I'm expecting a good year from Gus Edwards.

What is this "tempo" word that Hartley is yelling at our offense breaking out of the huddle? I thought our offense was supposed to bleed as much of the playclock as possible and snap the ball with 1 second remaining to make it easier on the defense timing their jump? Are we no longer patterning our offensive time management off of the UVA men's basketball team?

Advertisement
Gus really is out of chances and has no more excuses. He has had an entire year to sit out and think about how he wants his career to end. Ive always said he reminds me of James Stewart (our JS not the one in the NFL) and he can have a season like James S. did back in 2004...if not better. But he has to run violently like Stewart did that year. Richt seems like one of those coaches that wont wait for anyone to "have the light turn on"..either you can figure it out or its the next man up..esp at the RB position.

Looking at the season Njoku had last year should have lit a fire in Herndon a$$. If it didnt, then he doesnt deserve to be here. He basically stole his spotlight.

Why is Gus's situation so dire? He had a nice sophomore season, was set to be the starter last year and suffered a season ending injury. You act like he's been horrible and is on the verge of losing his scholarship. He's a junior who missed a season and played behind the great Duke Johnson. He's fine. Now we see him steamrolling a great tackler, and that's still not good enough.

Herndon is another good player who has progressed nicely. He's not as good as The Jokeman Njoku, but neither is any other Junior TE prospect in the country. Hondo is a **** good prospect himself and will do well here.

Njoku would have been that ripped even with that ******* Swasey. He's a world class athlete

Now the rest of them boys, you can def tell the difference

Don't see how people are surprised Gus ran over corn seeing as how Gus has 50 pounds on Corn, if anything there would be a huge problem if Corn brought him down alone.
Gus has never had a size problem, he's had a confidence problem. I think Denzel being gone got Gus back on track. He's never run like a kid with elite size so yeah, it's a good sign albeit a minor blip.

He's 230 but always ran like he's 170. We need him to run like a big back!

Advertisement
The TE's do appear ripped and they haven't fully transition from ol al's fat and slow regimen. Should be a few steps faster and quicker.

Herndon probably is the fastest offensive weapon we have outside of Coley(i think hes faster than coley). He hasnt been used properly yet, hopefully this year we see him fly past lb's and little nickel db's in the slot or flex him one on one on an island.

Don't see how people are surprised Gus ran over corn seeing as how Gus has 50 pounds on Corn, if anything there would be a huge problem if Corn brought him down alone.
Gus has never had a size problem, he's had a confidence problem. I think Denzel being gone got Gus back on track. He's never run like a kid with elite size so yeah, it's a good sign albeit a minor blip.

He's 230 but always ran like he's 170. We need him to run like a big back!

Nope. 242.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You guys really think these guys got ripped from the 3.6 minutes that they've spent with our new S&C staff?

Herndon probably is the fastest offensive weapon we have outside of Coley(i think hes faster than coley). He hasnt been used properly yet, hopefully this year we see him fly past lb's and little nickel db's in the slot or flex him one on one on an island.

No..... Not even close, he's a good all around athlete and has been since highschool and has okay to good speed for a tight end. However njoku is much faster. And all of the receivers are faster of him...

Gus the bus running over Corn @ the 57 sec mark

Can't wait to see him in action this year
yea corn is a good open field tackler, but gus had a full head of steam, not many corners would have done better

I don't think that happens in a game time situation... They are practicing at THUD Tempo... I sure Corn would have cut off at the knees in a game time setting.

Advertisement
Back