Canes Camp Report: Day 6- Coach Searles

It just seems like there is a better vibe around the team this year. They're no longer robots programmed by a power hungry maniac.

Advertisement
I wish Taylor Gadbois was still here #ThanksAl But hey thank god all we need is just a competent line to really challenge for the ACC this year

Yeah we are really missing him.... Sarcasm*
https://twitter.com/getraining/status/446839119122292737

Truth be told his level of play in 2014 was not even close to sunny Odogwu's play this past season...

Sunny was average at best last season so that's not saying much.

He played the best out of all 5 lineman last year

I wish Taylor Gadbois was still here #ThanksAl But hey thank god all we need is just a competent line to really challenge for the ACC this year

Truth be told his level of play in 2014 was not even close to sunny Odogwu's play this past season...

Again, that's not saying much. The whole line sucked.

Hopefully St. Louis and Milo can take the two tackle spots with Darling kicking inside to pair with McD and Linder.

Isidora and Sonny can rotate in.

Hopefully St. Louis and Milo can take the two tackle spots with Darling kicking inside to pair with McD and Linder.

No he was one of the lone bright spots on the line for a kid who hasn't played much. If he was one the best last year why would you even think he should rotate in? Do you even pay close attention to the oline? Based on those comments I do not think you do

Ideally, the more talented guys should start taking Sunny's reps. I'll give him credit, he was the most consistent lineman last season but his ceiling is much lower than a guy like St. Louis.

Advertisement
Honestly, just seeing the players properly breakdown with the M-I-A-M-I chant and clap was impressive compared to their last regime. I dont think Golden and Co. could get everyone on the same page to even do that much less at the end of practice when people are tired. Kind of sad...

No he was one of the lone bright spots on the line for a kid who hasn't played much. If he was one the best last year why would you even think he should rotate in? Do you even pay close attention to the oline? Based on those comments I do not think you do

According to you, we should've won the ACC last year with Golden and we should win the Natty this year.

Also according to you, we don't have a problem at WR or CB and Mark Richt is the greatest coach to ever walk the earth.

Take off the glasses. Odogwu is average at best.

Advertisement
Ideally, the more talented guys should start taking Sunny's reps. I'll give him credit, he was the most consistent lineman last season but his ceiling is much lower than a guy like St. Louis.

Sunny is actually a pretty good athlete. I don't get this low ceiling nonsense for him. He's gigantic, has long arms, works hard, is smart and pretty **** athletic for a big man.

Sunny is actually a pretty good athlete. I don't get this low ceiling nonsense for him. He's gigantic, has long arms, works hard, is smart and pretty **** athletic for a big man.
not only that they make tyree the starter you potentially worsen your chances of not losing the only guy on the roster who could effectively play tackle or guard on the roster, so the smart move is to use him as a sixth lineman that you rotate in and out during the game. Nobody else can really do that on our roster other than Bar Milo and Sunny can athletically do it but Bar and Sunny are huge and would probably struggle at guard because they won't be able to get enough leverage

Advertisement
Back