Canes bs Wolfpack - ACCT - 7pm ACCN

Advertisement
A win is worth +1 in RPI, a loss is -1, so not much effect.

Beat Duke and WF and then maybe we jump a few spots, but considering there's MAYBE one top 8 spot up for grabs, it's still not going to likely matter, since we won't jump UVA.
We moved up 4 spots in the RPI delta. A win over WF would likely leapfrog UVA for a top 8 seed. These games matter.

We moved up 4 spots in the RPI delta. A win over WF would likely leapfrog UVA for a top 8 seed. These games matter.
The committee isn’t ignoring a year’s worth of data - and the ACC standings - just because we advanced to Saturday and UVA didn’t.

Advertisement
if we win the ACC (just hypothetical since I’m not even sure we get anymore games in) we would def have a case for a top 8 with 40 wins, our SOS, playing well down the stretch, our RPI etc. unless they literally just take RPI and see from that. But hopefully they dig a bit more.

That being said 11-14 looks like our range. Then let’s just hope for a real weak 4 seed that we could throw a guy like Gallo/staff against to save the big arms for what will likely be a very good 2/3 seed

I don’t believe in the committee ******** miami. They’ve been more than favorable to us over the years. But if we win the **** acc tournament by beating the #1 team in the land and potentially the hottest team in baseball whose also a top 8 seed….. and somehow don’t get the #8 seed I would pretty **** upset given our body of work and especially how great we’ve played down the stretch looking at the standings

The committee isn’t ignoring a year’s worth of data - and the ACC standings - just because we advanced to Saturday and UVA didn’t.
Beating Duke is one step towards a national seed. We have a game against the #1 team to improve our RPI. If you watched the NCST postgame interview with Gino you would know this.

Advertisement
if we win the ACC (just hypothetical since I’m not even sure we get anymore games in) we would def have a case for a top 8 with 40 wins, our SOS, playing well down the stretch, our RPI etc. unless they literally just take RPI and see from that. But hopefully they dig a bit more.

That being said 11-14 looks like our range. Then let’s just hope for a real weak 4 seed that we could throw a guy like Gallo/staff against to save the big arms for what will likely be a very good 2/3 seed
Don’t even think RPI would be a problem at that hypothetical point. Two more wins (especially against Wake and Clemson) would push up to 10th with Indiana State and South Carolina ahead of us. You’d also suddenly have a 17-12 record vs the Top 50 and 22-12 aggregate ACC record.

Advertisement
Back