Canes bs Wolfpack - ACCT - 7pm ACCN

Papa Torres thinking about Walters possibly getting the day off from closing
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Are we not playing the game tomorrow against Duke? Yes, we have WF Saturday, but a great opportunity to move up in the RPI with a win against Duke.

We play it. It's a meaningless game. You will see a lot of the B-team.

I guess theoretically it goes into the NCAA seeding pot, but in a word... stupid.

Advertisement
Lets hope we get regional Rosario today. 5-6 innings of 3 run ball. We should be super relaxed and put up some runs.

Worst Case...we get the usual Rosario but he then becomes the inning eater. Either way you try to get 5-7 out of him today unless he is just absolutely getting smoked.

If he had that ump last night and was getting 2-3 off the plate he would be lights out.

Meaningless only for the ACC tournament. A win will move us right on the edge of a top 8 national seed.
A win is worth +1 in RPI, a loss is -1, so not much effect.

Beat Duke and WF and then maybe we jump a few spots, but considering there's MAYBE one top 8 spot up for grabs, it's still not going to likely matter, since we won't jump UVA.

Meaningless only for the ACC tournament. A win will move us right on the edge of a top 8 national seed.

Well, I said "I guess theoretically it goes into the NCAA seeding pot."

But the NCAA seeding is subjective, I'm sure they take into account when tourney games are meaningless where teams play the B-squad.

Advertisement
We play it. It's a meaningless game. You will see a lot of the B-team.

I guess theoretically it goes into the NCAA seeding pot, but in a word... stupid.
This is so ******* dumb. I can't believe this game even exists!

And to everyone else's seed/RPI discussions, unless we win the ACC tournament, there is no bother in talking about a top 8 seed. Even if we do win it, it's a longshot.

I heard on d1 baseball podcast that the committee no longer takes into account last 10 games. Don’t get that.

If Miami goes on a tear and make it to the acc final that would be an insane run to close the year that I hope doesn’t go unnoticed

Advertisement
I heard on d1 baseball podcast that the committee no longer takes into account last 10 games. Don’t get that.

If Miami goes on a tear and make it to the acc final that would be an insane run to close the year that I hope doesn’t go unnoticed
I’ve heard that both ways in recent years. But IMO there’s no way conf tourneys can be ignored this year. Look at how many teams that were 12ish to 20ish in the seedings, **** the bed. How can you reward them over teams who actually competed this week and won?

Advertisement
A win is worth +1 in RPI, a loss is -1, so not much effect.

Beat Duke and WF and then maybe we jump a few spots, but considering there's MAYBE one top 8 spot up for grabs, it's still not going to likely matter, since we won't jump UVA.
Going 2-1 vs 1-2 is a big deal. Gino said so in the post game interview.

Well, I said "I guess theoretically it goes into the NCAA seeding pot."

But the NCAA seeding is subjective, I'm sure they take into account when tourney games are meaningless where teams play the B-squad.
Winning helps the seeding. It's not meaningless. Gino said so himself in the postgame. It also provides momentum.

Gino said it himself in the postgame interview that the Duke game could play a big role in the seedings.

Absolutely. It was a very solid interview. Just said the same in mid game interview.

It’s a weird situation but the game you’re playing is the important one. Could get to 40 wins, can’t lose focus …

Advertisement
Back