Canes bs UVA - Game 2 - 7pm, ACCNX

Advertisement
Missing Dorian spot in the lineup. I dont think Garcia or Wallen are ready offensively. Needed a ground out to the right to take the lead

Advertisement
Moving a runner over is selfish? That is what I was saying is smart.
I think you misunderstood my post. Sorry for not making it clear. I was saying that amatuer baseball (travel ball in particular) is not teaching to get guys over. The current status of amateur baseball is hit it as far as you can. I'm all about moving guys over.

Advertisement
Sucks wallen had to be the guy up with 1 out and a guy on 3rd. Almost anyone would have been better...guess there's no other options to play 2nd tho

Would have to check but I think every time we’ve had two on with 1 out or less, the next batter has struck out.

Advertisement
I think you misunderstood my post. Sorry for not making it clear. I was saying that amatuer baseball (travel ball in particular) is not teaching to get guys over. The current status of amateur baseball is hit it as far as you can. I'm all about moving guys over.
I think these days it's a function of what scouts and college coaches look for in youth players. They don't care that you can move a guy over, they only want to see if you have power and can hit for average. Same logic we see with pitchers now. Youth pitchers are being told to just throw fastballs and focus on throwing as fast as possible. It doesn't matter if you are a crafty lefty and a good pitcher but top out at 78 mph, you ain't going d1 or to the MLB. It's a shame, its all about the MPH on the radar gun.

That's Florida amateur baseball in 2022. Dudes have no interest in moving guys over. It's launch angle and hitting it over the scoreboard.

Stop bullsh!tting. That is a summary of MLB, minor leagues, and college as well.

"Florida amateur baseball"...try "all baseball".

Advertisement
Sucks wallen had to be the guy up with 1 out and a guy on 3rd. Almost anyone would have been better...guess there's no other options to play 2nd tho
You could have pinch hit someone else and then subbed Wallen, but with some injuries piling up you’re running low on bench bodies for a double change.

They said he had been looking good in practice. It's a lot different in the game.

I really liked him coming out swinging at the 1st pitch, but then he was frozen by the slider with 2 strikes. You have to swing with a runner in scoring position.

Advertisement
Back