Canes bs Turkeys - Game 3 - 2pm, ACCNX

Advertisement
Oof, inning ending double play.

Bring us home Walt.

6-7-8 coming up to the plate this inning, sets up well.

Again, hindsight. We had a six run lead and an elite reliever who hasn't pitched all weekend. It was a no brainer.
No Hindsight. When a guy is pitching well, leave him in. It doesn't matter who he is.

If you have a pitcher throw 8 scoreless innings, you don't automatically go to Walters. You give the other guy the opportunity to finish the game. He's earned it. McFarlane earned the right start the next inning.

Advertisement
No Hindsight. When a guy is pitching well, leave him in. It doesn't matter who he is.

If you have a pitcher throw 8 scoreless innings, you don't automatically go to Walters. You give the other guy the opportunity to finish the game. He's earned it. McFarlane earned the right start the next inning.
So you're telling me that when Ziehl throws a shutdown 8th inning, you think we should bring him out for the 9th and leave Walters in the bullpen?

Because no one here agrees with that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
4/09/22 vs. Virginia

Ziehl throws the 8th, strikes out two guys. These cats would have brought him out for the 9th in a 5-4 game.

Advertisement
So you're telling me that when Ziehl throws a shutdown 8th inning, you think we should bring him out for the 9th and leave Walters in the bullpen?

Because no one here agrees with that.
That's not the scenario I presented. I used the analogy of a starter throwing a complete game. McFarlane is is a former starter accustomed to going multiple innings and was pitching extremely well.

Point is moot now.

Advertisement
Back