canes bs psu game 2 - blah blah

Advertisement
Well 2nd time through the line up now for Ligon. Psu is prob going to get on the plate…and start trying to drive that off speed the other way(lefties) or pull one down the line (righties) to get some base runners. Maybe a bunt and run, try to make us make a mistake then a pitcher leaves a ball up and all the sudden they have 3-4 runs.

Ligon and JD hopefully one step ahead.
Agree. They really have to make sure to protect him.

All these pop ups are concerning. I sure hope we don't think we're Earl Weaver's Baltimoe Orioles and a 3 run homer will be enough.

Ditto in last inning. I'd be amazed if Kayfus isn't back in lead-off spot within the next few weeks.

He was on base nearly 50% of the time last year - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I’d like to give Gomez a couple weeks to settle, ideally you’d want your best hitter batting third. The one thing Gomez’s NV stats that does concern me (last AB notwithstanding) is that he doesn’t walk much.

Advertisement
Gotta confess that I was already mentally benching Villegas before the game

I’d like to give Gomez a couple weeks to settle, ideally you’d want your best hitter batting third. The one thing Gomez’s NV stats that does concern me (last AB notwithstanding) is that he doesn’t walk much.
Hope you're right. He doesn't have the quickest hands.

Advertisement
Shutdown inning. Time to put them away. And get ready to take the series tomorrow.

If he walks the lead off I’m going to have flashbacks to my inner rage when I coached. It was legit the only times I got visibly mad. Score runs, then walk the lead off. Perfect way to make my blood boil

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ligon looked great. I wish we could just get him out now. Every pitch/inning we can save early on the year helps us in the long run. But I don’t know what we have down in the pen behind Walters. So I get it.

Ligon is heading back out for the 7th

Looks like Gallo warming in the bullpen

Advertisement
Back