Canes bs PEE U - Rubber Match - All the Marbles - 1pm - Ya Gotta Check Ya Listins

Advertisement
I thought Gome was trying to lay a bunt down and failed so Dom had already committed. If he did freelance, he’s gonna get reamed.
I’m talking more staying at first on the initial hit. There was some talk that Dom should’ve stretched it to second. It looked to me like Gino made the decision there for him with a heavy hold sign, and I was wondering if others saw it that way as well.

Two midweek games this week. Let’s see who they view as midweek starters.
Chestnutt seems like a lock for one of them. For the other one I could see any of Gallo as an opener, Rafe after Scinta gave a good first impression today as an alternative bullpen lefty, or a straight bullpen game.

Advertisement
Kayfus was all over the first pitch all series and was due to connect. Thought for sure PSU would go to the LHP warming up to face CJ.

Give me some Kaden Martin ABs this week.

The thought was crossing my mind despite telling BPJoe we should give Gomez at least another week just last night
Gomez Adams could play ball better than Dario did this weekend, minus a couple BBs and some fine defense.

He raked every time I saw him in practice so will remain patient.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m talking more staying at first on the initial hit. There was some talk that Dom should’ve stretched it to second. It looked to me like Gino made the decision there for him with a heavy hold sign, and I was wondering if others saw it that way as well.

I personally thought there was a good chance he would be out, the LF made a great play and fired it in really quickly. So I am not second guessing that, the caught stealing was rough. But that's baseball. Would have been a huge steal, though.

Advertisement
I like him even more - ha, and stand by my comment of putting him back at the top. Gomez is a project.
Can anyone tell me why Long is NOT starting and Gomez is ? I've been wondering about the mindset here. If they really want SB's then..... hello. Can a coach hate a player that way really?

Amen to that. Great way to take the series.
Can anyone tell me why Long is NOT starting and Gomez is ? I've been wondering about the mindset here. If they really want SB's then..... hello. Can a coach hate a player that way really?
Yes. I doubt that Gino “hates” Jacoby though. Contrary to conventional wisdom, Coaches do not always do what’s best for the team. Some have egos and don’t play one player for another because it’d be admitting they’re wrong. Some do play favorites for a wide variety of reasons. I know of a SS that is the best MI at a local university and he’s not playing at all. I know he’s the best because he and all three of his competitors played for me at one point. That coach even told him he didn’t like him. I know of another player I coached that is Dominican and his coach oat a northern school didn’t like that he spoke Spanish to the other Latino players. He got canned and that player ended up leading the team in almost every offensive category. Maybe Jacoby just hasn’t shown the coaches he’s good enough at practice. We may never know.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back