Canes bs PEE U - Rubber Match - All the Marbles - 1pm - Ya Gotta Check Ya Listins

IndayArtHauz

Knoxville Baby Maker
Administrator

Advertisement
If Rosario stays focused and doesn’t let one walk turns into 4 runs he can be so good. If his 2 seam is working today he can get these Psu kids just pounding balls into the ground.

Big ifs…but it’s there.

Cyr gets his first start

UM Line Up

SpotPos# PlayerBatsAvg
1cf22 Dario GomezR.111
2lf45 Edgardo VillegasL.286
31b2 CJ KayfusL.143
43b35 Yohandy MoralesR.222
5rf9 Zach LevensonR.429
6dh43 Ian FarrowR.143
72b4 Blake CyrR.000
8c61 Carlos PerezR.400
9ss19 Dominic PitelliL.333
10p24 Alejandro RosarioR

Advertisement
I do find it interesting that you’re not primarily starting Cyr for defensive reasons, but you do start him with a pitcher that’s…sensitive to adversity.

I do find it interesting that you’re not primarily starting Cyr for defensive reasons, but you do start him with a pitcher that’s…sensitive to adversity.
They may be assuming the worst and simply want him for his hitting and baserunning.

They may be assuming the worst and simply want him for his hitting and baserunning.
There is definitely that aspect. Ultimately, I’m fine with it but I’d also have started him from opening night.

Advertisement
If Cyr gets on base expect him to be running. Gino to Cyr at practice a few weeks ago: “If you get on base it’s an automatic double.”

If Cyr gets on base expect him to be running. Gino to Cyr at practice a few weeks ago: “If you get on base it’s an automatic double.”
There’s a line that for sure won’t come back to haunt us.

There’s a line that for sure won’t come back to haunt us.
It does explain a lot of our baserunning philosophy. Basically what Gomez did on Friday, wasn’t it?

This was slightly less irresponsible in context. He was trying to get Cyr to bunt with the third baseman playing back. He did get hung up trying to steal second shortly after, but then he stole second and third the next time on base.

Advertisement
Just noticed that he flipped Levenson and Farrow too. Should get Yoyo some pitches to hit.

That was put as diplomatically as possible. Looking forward to seeing Cyr get 4 AB’s though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back