Canes bs Dartmouth - Broom Game - 1pm, Grant of Rights Cartel Network+

Advertisement
I think the glove was the reason Gomez got the long leash when both struggled to open the season. Farrow is a below average outfielder and you couldn’t let both of them work through it in the lineup at the same time. He’ll certainly get another look though.
I'm curious how they will work it going forward. I was at both the Saturday game and today's game and Dorian had a pretty nice series. I think Cyr and Dorian will be in yhe lineup most days. Not sure what that means for farrow. Can Villegas play CF and let farrow play left? Prob not...bit offensively that would be a nice lineup

I think the glove was the reason Gomez got the long leash when both struggled to open the season. Farrow is a below average outfielder and you couldn’t let both of them work through it in the lineup at the same time. He’ll certainly get another look though.

Yeah you let a dude who has 20HR potential work thru it. Why not have Cyr at 2nd base and Farrow as DH? If Farrow is on this is a different team.

Advertisement
Yeah you let a dude who has 20HR potential work thru it. Why not have Cyr at 2nd base and Farrow as DH? If Farrow is on this is a different team.
Big difference hitting 20 HR’s in the ASUN conference and hitting them in the ACC.

Not too often the team BA jumps about 30 points in a day 8 games into the season.

Through 8 games:
2022 .289 BA 12HR 62RBI 59K/52BB 8-10 SB
2023 .312 BA 22HR 71RBI 63K/38BB 3-7 SB

Fielding percentage is better so far this year at .975 vs .967

Staff ERA is a point higher at 3.25 vs 2.25. OBA is also higher at .220 vs .168. Strikeouts and walks are virtually identical.

Quality of opponent is much higher for the first 8 games this year after playing Penn State and Indiana State instead of Towson.

Last edited:
I'm curious how they will work it going forward. I was at both the Saturday game and today's game and Dorian had a pretty nice series. I think Cyr and Dorian will be in yhe lineup most days. Not sure what that means for farrow. Can Villegas play CF and let farrow play left? Prob not...bit offensively that would be a nice lineup
It would be a far less than optimal defensive alignment in the outfield for sure. Best case for the moment is that Gomez has turned the corner, and you get Farrow midweek reps (maybe not at FAU) as BPJoe suggested until someone cools off.

Advertisement
Gino said in the presser he didn’t know Perez was a double shy of the cycle when he took him out Saturday night.

Advertisement
Keep Dorian in the lineup until he stops hitting HRs.

And should Kayfus be leading off?

Kayfus 1B
Villegas LF
Morales 3B
Levenson RF
Cyr DH
Dorian 2B
Dario CF
Perez C
Pitelli SS

Last edited:
Gino is a racist, maybe.

That's the only reason I can come up with for why Long and Martin remain on the bench in favor of Dario Gomez, who has had some bad luck, but who's pretty much been a bust relative to the expectation for him. Only 8 games but Long continues to produce when called upon. Anyone know what the deal is with Martin.

Advertisement
Gino is a racist, maybe.

That's the only reason I can come up with for why Long and Martin remain on the bench in favor of Dario Gomez, who has had some bad luck, but who's pretty much been a bust relative to the expectation for him. Only 8 games but Long continues to produce when called upon. Anyone know what the deal is with Martin.
Really, this is just about the dumbest and most asinine post I’ve ever seen on any forum on CIS. I’m no fan of Gino, heck I got a chuckle from the Gina and Mangina posts. But this is just reckless and mean-spirited. By all accounts he’s a good person, and this type of slander is way out of line.
I’ll quote Billy Madison: “What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”

Gino is a racist, maybe.

Sure. That.

Or… he doesn’t want to sit a career .360 hitter for a guy that got jammed and rolled a ball down the 3rd base line for a double against Dartmouth’s 11th pitcher of the week. Guy that hit 390 in a full season as a freshman didn’t forget how to hit.

Nothing against Long. There’s always a spot for a guy that runs well and plays a good center field - but he’s not an everyday outfielder on a contending team.

Really, this is just about the dumbest and most asinine post I’ve ever seen on any forum on CIS. I’m no fan of Gino, heck I got a chuckle from the Gina and Mangina posts. But this is just reckless and mean-spirited. By all accounts he’s a good person, and this type of slander is way out of line.
I’ll quote Billy Madison: “What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”

I would assume, after not getting an AB at any point in the first two weeks, that Martin must be injured again. Was it a hamstring issue that limited him in the fall?

Advertisement
Back