'Canes @ Boston College - 9/1/12 - **GAME THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe in Golden.

I do. I don't believe in his choice of DC.

Yeah, this didn't do a whole lot to instill confidence in D'onofrio. But, let's look at the positives. We ran the ball well, got explosive plays, and we forced 3 turnovers and even scored on D. Had a goal line stand with 2 minutes to go.

There's a lot of work to do, and the DL is a huge concern, but there was a glimmer of promise.

man seriously guys, young team tough start. do you forget how much D improved last year over the course of the season? I'm not happy with how D performed but I do expect improvement. Even 2nd half was better than first.

Breathe chill and stop acting like this isnt a team with tons of youth in the two deep.

Advertisement
Without LBJ the Heat lose

Without Vince Young Texas doesnt win in 05

Who gives a **** if we win without Duke?? Duke plays on our team and he is going to for a long time. So enjoy.

1-0. Now lets get another win in Manhattan

Seriosly, though. Ohno'frio needs to be canned. Pronto. Dude is the WORST defense coordinator I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure I could line up under scrimmage and throw for 400 yards and 4 TD's against his defensive schemes.

I guess you guys forgot about last season. We started off bad but the D got it together and statistically ended up top 25-30 in the nation. Let these youngins learn the schemes and sit back and enjoy the progression.

Definitly take the win, but life is gonna get tougher for these freshman down the line when they have to literally carry this team. I just hope they don't hit that freshman wall too soon. Duke is everything people thought he was and more, and the defense is as bad as ever. Hopefully Porter can come back soon to give us something in the middle of the line. I'd also like to never see the numbers 22 or 7 on the field again on defense. I'd rather see mistakes like that from freshman and assume they'll learn from them.

Showed a lot of heart once again after a horrid start and came out on top, if they can keep themselves in every game then 8-9 wins are still a possibility and that would be a major success and step forward for Golden and this team.

Duke shouldn't hit a freshman wall if he continues to get the amount of carries he got today. He didn't carry the ball a huge amount of times, but he made it count when he did.

Advertisement
Great frikkin win. I hope the D can improve dramatically but my saturday is complete.

I'll take the win.

Some good things.
Some bad things.

Nothing that would take me off a 6-6, 7-5 prediction though. A bit more high scoring than I thought...overall though, game was as expected for Miami...defense struggled...offense showed flashes...Duke Johnson was the difference.

Advertisement
Believe in Golden.

I do. I don't believe in his choice of DC.

Yeah, this didn't do a whole lot to instill confidence in D'onofrio. But, let's look at the positives. We ran the ball well, got explosive plays, and we forced 3 turnovers and even scored on D. Had a goal line stand with 2 minutes to go.

There's a lot of work to do, and the DL is a huge concern, but there was a glimmer of promise.

man seriously guys, young team tough start. do you forget how much D improved last year over the course of the season? I'm not happy with how D performed but I do expect improvement. Even 2nd half was better than first.

Breathe chill and stop acting like this isnt a team with tons of youth in the two deep.

Excellent post.

This is gonna be a tough season. Our defense is Swiss cheese. That Dline needs to be completely revamped. It's all our young guys that are doing well. The upperclassman are terrible.

The S&C program did help.

A lot of people were taking us to lose this game. And we actually open the season with some hope and a win.

We got to see someone in a Miami uniform live up to the hype and then some in Duke Johnson and its been a long time since we could say that

Be happy with the win and hopefully we can get another one next year and then maybe we are on our way to a good season

Advertisement
Definitly take the win, but life is gonna get tougher for these freshman down the line when they have to literally carry this team. I just hope they don't hit that freshman wall too soon. Duke is everything people thought he was and more, and the defense is as bad as ever. Hopefully Porter can come back soon to give us something in the middle of the line. I'd also like to never see the numbers 22 or 7 on the field again on defense. I'd rather see mistakes like that from freshman and assume they'll learn from them.

Showed a lot of heart once again after a horrid start and came out on top, if they can keep themselves in every game then 8-9 wins are still a possibility and that would be a major success and step forward for Golden and this team.

Duke shouldn't hit a freshman wall if he continues to get the amount of carries he got today. He didn't carry the ball a huge amount of times, but he made it count when he did.

Based off of what I saw today, quite a few freshman are more than likely gonna have to step in and fill the void left by poor performance from upper classmen. Hopefully I'm wrong and guys who stunk up the joint begin to play better, but I doubt it at this point. I wasn't referring to Duke alone, as I agree with him not receiving any type of heavy workload, but more overall with the drops at receiver (outside of Hurns) and overall horrid defensive play outside of 2 or 3.

Definitely happy with the win. Next week will be tough but the future is bright. The young guys are definitely the real deal.

Advertisement
Just turned in auburn game and Lemonier makes a play, love to have him at DE

Im a little worried about the kstate qb next week, but our offense looked pretty **** good today

Desperately need difference makers on D, chickillo was invisible for most of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back