Canes BB Recent Transfers Update

Advertisement
Noticed former Cane Victor Mederos is already in the majors. Watching the braves and angels game and mederos came in to pitch the 8th. He must have flown thru the minors

Advertisement
Was this the same guy that was a promising FR 1-2 years ago and dipped out and no one knew why??
His rise to MLB was fast as you will see. He played in college in 2022, and was drafted in the 6th round.

Very random to transfer to Okie State from Miami though IMO.

Del and Toral come to the forefront of the mind. The comment about Toral’s selfishness withstanding, I have not been impressed with Yoyo’s progression as a hitter at all.

Maybe a product of being a young kid and the moment, pressure of the being where he is in the lineup but I think his performance thus far hearken’s the board’s ‘regression’ fears.
Flashback to a post that did not age well. You impressed with Yoyo's progression now? LMAO

His rise to MLB was fast as you will see. He played in college in 2022, and was drafted in the 6th round.

Very random to transfer to Okie State from Miami though IMO.
Not random. Word is he was kicked off the team for attitude. What's really strange is his ascent to the majors. In two college seasons, he averaged a 5.40 ERA and a 1.32 WHIP. He was worse in the minors averaging a 5.48 ERA and 1.45 WHIP. Yet he kept getting promoted despite below average numbers at every stop. The Angels are known to not be shy about quick promotions, but this is puzzling. I suppose thy are enamored with his SO/9 at AA. Predictably, his first MLB appearance didn't go well.

Advertisement
JP gates was an All American at D2 Valdosta state but decided to transfer to Tampa for his final year.

If his arm is back to his freshman year at UM he will have teams looking at him. 6’2 LHP. He will have to put up spectacular numbers to get a look as a hitter. But you never know from the bump.

Advertisement
Back