Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Can’t think of another school have guys off failed regimes in multiple major sports falling upward to HC as often as Miami. Shannon, Diaz, Dimare, and probably now JD.

Makes no sense. This is the equivalent hiring Diaz after you got a clean slate from Richt retiring.

Gonna take falling flat on their face to realize the program needs reinvigorated. I seriously doubt the funding and backing is there to attract a major HC to not only leave a cushy job with no expectations and to take on a microwave job that doesn’t have the same backing as the major programs but same “expectations” to get to omaha.

Advertisement
You expect him to be happy about a hiring failure…

Hiring JD would almost literally be Richt to Diaz Part 2….

Which should be impossible if the school changed its approach to athletics like we’ve been told…
The school said it would “invest more” in athletics. Nobody said better coaches would get hired.

Now might be the time to reiterate what I’ve said since Rad was hired. He’s a builder and fundraiser. Guy has little to no success hiring coaches.
This was not a shot at Rad or the people who hired him, it is simply the truth. His best hire has been Paul Johnson. That might be his only decent hire in almost 18 years.

Advertisement
If it somehow ends up being JD I hope they tell him you have 2 years max to make a super. If your first year is worse then this year we are moving on.

Advertisement
So now we're firing our AD who was considered one of the best in the country when he got hired? When are ya'll finally going to admit that our issues have been and continue to be bigger than the folks in the AD office?

So now we're firing our AD who was considered one of the best in the country when he got hired? When are ya'll finally going to admit that our issues have been and continue to be bigger than the folks in the AD office?
“One of the best” at what?

Not at hiring coaches

Advertisement
I’m sick to my stomach if it’s JD. May not even bother following it. Does Miami ever learn a lesson? Ever???

Can’t think of another school have guys off failed regimes in multiple major sports falling upward to HC as often as Miami. Shannon, Diaz, Dimare, and probably now JD.

Makes no sense. This is the equivalent hiring Diaz after you got a clean slate from Richt retiring.

Gonna take falling flat on their face to realize the program needs reinvigorated. I seriously doubt the funding and backing is there to attract a major HC to not only leave a cushy job with no expectations and to take on a microwave job that doesn’t have the same backing as the major programs but same “expectations” to get to omaha.
Miami’s ex-players are more of a drag than a boon on all athletic programs not named basketball.

Change my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back