Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
And I wouldn’t be shocked if a certain big league employee told the school to hire his buddy, then when his contract is up in 2 years he will take over. Just sayin….

Advertisement
They are definitely doing a national search but do they really have any intention of hiring one of those guys? That’s up to them to answer

Advertisement
They are definitely doing a national search but do they really have any intention of hiring one of those guys? That’s up to them to answer
Troll! You want us to honestly believe a pitching coach, with no head coaching experience getting the job based on his former friends that are in mlb? You’re just trying to stir the pot and you’re not even very good at it

Have you ever seen Miami play? Because most of their team is made up of Miami guys... A Miami guy relates to Miami guys. Were not pulling kids from Iowa and dont need to either.
Part of the problem IS that our roster is made up of Miami guys. There is a swag travel ball mentality in south Florida, and we see it play out with FAU, FIU, and Miami every year. Dudes have the exit velo and 60 times at PG showcases, but they’re really not all that good at baseball.

We need to recruit nationally, period.

Advertisement
Part of the problem IS that our roster is made up of Miami guys. There is a swag travel ball mentality in south Florida, and we see it play out with FAU, FIU, and Miami every year. Dudes have the exit velo and 60 times at PG showcases, but they’re really not all that good at baseball.

We need to recruit nationally, period.
Even if not "nationally" we need to improve in Central Florida, North Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and even South Carolina. Lots of good players in those states.

It's hard to recruit Texas because of Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, A&M, TTU, TCU, etc. and tons of smaller schools that scoop it all up. Same can be said for California.

But Georgia doesn't pull talent from their own state like they do in football. They only signed 2 top 20 kids in 2022. Georgia Tech signed 1 and Georgia State signed 2. The rest are signing everywhere else all over the country. Tons and tons of pitching to be had. Even guys like Jordan Walker were signing with Duke, etc.

Advertisement
If they hired JD I would be shocked. I was also shocked Gino stepped down or might have even been pressured to step down.

The fact that Norberto is headed to UCF tells me the staff already knows they're out the door or have been for a few. JD might get a courtesy interview.

Would not be shocked if it was still a meh hire like Mark Kingston.

I’ll stop posting now. You got it from here boss

Or I got it from dozens of other people that I know from UM.

You may end up being right, and we could go in a different direction. But there are quite a few sources of information.

I'm not taking sides or anything, and don't stop posting just because you are new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back