Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Charlotte Observer today said Kingston has an 800,000 buyout, but it drops to 400,000 on June 30. (If it's him, is that enough to mean we may have to wait two weeks to see that news, if true?)

Advertisement
There's a guy I've kept an eye on for a little while now and his name is Landon Powell

He's still relatively young in his coaching career, but I'd expect his name to start floating around in the next few years

Advertisement
There's a guy I've kept an eye on for a little while now and his name is Landon Powell

He's still relatively young in his coaching career, but I'd expect his name to start floating around in the next few years
South Carolina fans are dying for us to hire Kingston so they can hire Powell.

I played against NGU when they were winning 5 games a year and then saw his first couple seasons there. Impressive turnaround but he’s done it exclusively with D1 transfers. He’s pretty much just out-talenting everyone, not sure how it’ll translate.

South Carolina fans are dying for us to hire Kingston so they can hire Powell.

I played against NGU when they were winning 5 games a year and then saw his first couple seasons there. Impressive turnaround but he’s done it exclusively with D1 transfers. He’s pretty much just out-talenting everyone, not sure how it’ll translate.
Same with Southeastern in Lakeland. It’s a bunch of 22 year old D1 transfers playing NAIA baseball. Not sure how much coaching is actually needed.

Same with Southeastern in Lakeland. It’s a bunch of 22 year old D1 transfers playing NAIA baseball. Not sure how much coaching is actually needed.
Amen. They have all grown men. They are barely challenged until the post season. Jeremy Sheetzinger at Georgia Gwinnett (unreal facilities for an NAIA) are similar but if you go to a GG practice you would walk away super impressed. Jeremy coaches them up big time. He revives careers.

Yep. Powell did land a few kids out of HS that were studs. Probably one of his best hitters the last 3-4 years came straight from HS.

But my years playing them they basically brought in kids from South Carolina, Furman, USC Upstate, Clemson, etc. They brought in two 3 year starters from Tennessee and a multi year starter from Pitt. This year they had an NCST transfer that left the team early in the year and went and hit 3rd for Czech Republic in the WBC and then came back and joined the team again.

They were still the #1 team in the country most of the year but noticeably had worse pitching after Jon Coutlangus left the program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Joe Girardi would be a disaster. What does he know about the college landscape and recruiting.

Lol if you guys think Dimare was out there tearing up the recruiting trail you're mistaken. Dude was an old school coach who wouldn't even talk to anyone committed elsewhere. Miami practically recruits itself and its good thing because there's little budget for baseball recruiting. All we need is a coach who can eye and develop talent and then who won't get in the way of recruiting.

Advertisement
Can we please go away from the “Miami guys” and honestly the pro guys.

So many good options in the college ranks who know recruiting, developing, etc.

Have you ever seen Miami play? Because most of their team is made up of Miami guys... A Miami guy relates to Miami guys. Were not pulling kids from Iowa and dont need to either.

But the favorite is being pushed by some people who have no idea what they are talking about.

It’s sad that the future of these student athletes and the program itself is in the hands of people with no clue.

I’ve heard 3 former big leaguers pushing for a certain guy and none of those big leaguers have any idea what NIL, portal, and 11.7 even mean. It’s just mind boggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back