Canes back in the mix for 5-star DT Taylor

View as article
I said What I said And it’s facts. There’s a reason no matter who it is when we are recruiting the top dbs in south Florida it is always a dogfight because the elite schools covet nearly all of the top south Florida dbs and will fight like **** to get them no matter if it was rumph missing on henderson, surtain, Campbell or banda missing on jobe, stevenson, jordan battle etc
Definitely not facts. Keontra Smith said he was turned off by how late we offered and Banda still got him. Banda got a guy like Bolden to transfer into his room. Gurvan and Avantae speak for themself.

I admittedly was a Banda basher but he’s made obvious, tangible progress and there’s no denying he’s an asset when it comes to recruiting, whether he’s the primary guy or helping on another recruit.

You don’t see that type of progress from Rumph. There’s a difference between being in a James Williams/Tyrique Stevenson top 2 versus being in Surtain’s top 5 despite legit being his second pops.

Advertisement
Your opininon is not facts! And banda gets guys drafted jj, redwine, jcarter, sure I'm missing a couple and has a couple more coming hall and bolden. Never said he was an elite coach just said he coaches.

Im pretty confident his coaching is average but he relates really well and recruits hard. Not worth arguing or disagreeing over a potentially positive thread. We agree to disagree but let’s sign Taylor

If I was a writer I’d hold off just to be conservative ( I’ve learned my lesson) , but as of now I say we lead and by a good margin. All I do know people who know a lot more than me expect him to choose UM, and are pretty **** confident.

They say he’s a great kid that’s not about the attention , hence why it’s a one commitment deal. He’s very close with his mom and grandma. Which also plays to our favor.
Cribby, you think of/when Taylor announces the U, that other 5*’s follow suit? Or will Smith, Leigh, Williams, etc await a positive job in season?

One of my good friend's fathers is tied in with Alabama's football physicians and is their equivalence of a Golden Cane. He is convinced there will not be a season, period, at least in the fall and especially so if campuses are closed. If that is the thought coming out of Alabama's program, then you can imagine where schools who do not value football above all else fall.

You look at the NBA's bubble, or MLB, with their resources, where they have full control over EMPLOYEES, with unions to hold players accountable, in a fully controlled environment, with way smaller rosters, and they are still struggling to contain this. I just don’t see how football, and especially college happen.

If campuses are closed that also entirely ends any shred left in the nonsense of amateur athletics, and schools are already announcing no one on campus this year (Harvard announced it today).

honestly having closed campus makes more sense as to why the season should be played

you house all the fall sports on campus where there is no general student population, kids do online courses like every other student

Advertisement
I got a lot of **** for sticking up for Banda but dude is spread thin. He’s one of the few guys on staff that gets it, and the kids love him. He recruits multiple positions and both sides , it’s not just safety. He’s everywhere.

He was huge in Chaneys recruitment.

Fields is a beast too.
Yep. I know. Banda has a vibrant positive personality and that lends itself to being a great recruiter. Field has always been a monster.

honestly having closed campus makes more sense as to why the season should be played

you house all the fall sports on campus where there is no general student population, kids do online courses like every other student
Agreed from the medical side. Disagree from the “student athlete” side, unless the NCAA is just ready to concede that point entirely.

One of my good friend's fathers is tied in with Alabama's football physicians and is their equivalence of a Golden Cane. He is convinced there will not be a season, period, at least in the fall and especially so if campuses are closed. If that is the thought coming out of Alabama's program, then you can imagine where schools who do not value football above all else fall.

You look at the NBA's bubble, or MLB, with their resources, where they have full control over EMPLOYEES, with unions to hold players accountable, in a fully controlled environment, with way smaller rosters, and they are still struggling to contain this. I just don’t see how football, and especially college happen.

If campuses are closed that also entirely ends any shred left in the nonsense of amateur athletics, and schools are already announcing no one on campus this year (Harvard announced it today).
If they go into this thinking they’re going to pull the plug if anyone gets the bug then they might as well scrap the season now. There’s no way that’s going to happen now or in the spring.

College kids will catch it. And they’ll catch it a lot. Whether there’s football or not.

Advertisement
Bandas a good recruiter no doubt but big difference in some of the kids he’s landed and how hard the big schools were going after them. Bama didn’t go as hard after gurvan hall like they did for surtain, jobe or campbell. Or even with Georgia and how they went hard after stevenson and campbell. And When those 2 schools did He lost those battles like rumph did with the top echelon guys he targeted and that’s just facts. That avantae Williams recruitment By banda was impressive though considering his cousin just transferred to the school thought to be leading for him but then again uga wasn’t an option for him down the stretch so that helped .

Rumph is not a great recruiter but he also isn’t terrible whatsoever, what he’s helped bring in the cb room says exactly that..

with that being said if banda does get Williams and Taylor in this class I’ll be singing the praises for banda and his recruiting chops, he still comes off pretty corny sometimes though 🤷🏾‍♂️💯

Bruh stop it!!! Satan camped out in front of Hall’s crib. Landed a helicopter at the dudes school to try to impress him! You win some, you lose some. But our fans always making it seem like no one was recruiting any of our blue chip guys and the lower rated guys. Like they all came here by default cause no one else wanted them.

Bruh stop it!!! Satan camped out in front of Hall’s crib. Landed a helicopter at the dudes school to try to impress him! You win some, you lose some. But our fans always making it seem like no one was recruiting any of our blue chip guys and the lower rated guys. Like they all came here by default cause no one else wanted them.
I’m the last guy on this board that even would do that so don’t start with me on that bs, it’s just facts. I call People out when they do that and anyone can tell you that. I’m just saying the high profile recruiting battles of the ones we have missed at either cb or safety were HARDER than gurvan’s recruitment and it’s true because it went the entire cycle

Advertisement
I’m the last guy on this board that even would do that so don’t start with me on that bs, it’s just facts. I call People out when they do that and anyone can tell you that. I’m just saying the high profile recruiting battles of the ones we have missed at either cb or safety were HARDER than gurvan’s recruitment and it’s true because it went the entire cycle
That’s factz. That don’t say nothin bad about Gurvan but he was locked up early.

Advertisement
Imagine if we could have a dedicated thread to argue about the strengths and weaknesses of our defensive assistants? I could envision it someday challenging Gator Tears for most posts

Early in the cycle, not a dog fight recruitment down to the stretch like those others I named. Saban would have been persistent like he was with Recruiting jobe even though he was “committed to Miami”
You’re conflating a kid not being interested with Saban not pursuing him the same way. Of course he wasn’t able to get to Hall the same way as Jobe, the kid never waffled on his commitment once he made it.

Is there any new news or is it the same dudes talking about something that has been beat into the ground?
You saw the update some days back where Steve wiltfong said he thinks Taylor ends up in Miami? I think Farrell says he likes Miami here too, whatever it is miami has made up significant ground these last few months

L. T. HEARTBREAK💔
1594091495317.gif

Advertisement
Back