Canes back in the mix for 5-star DT Taylor

View as article
You guys realize Banda earned a lot of the criticism he has gotten, right? Dude came in green and got played. You can be both, a critic and now a fan bc of what he’s turned into.

There’s just no need to shame people for not wanting a brand new coach to cut his teeth here. That’s all we’ve had for the longest time and it hasn’t worked yet.
Every coach on the staff has gotten played since golden left. Safety has arguably been the best recruited and well coached position on the team. With exception to maybe the 2020running backs but we still got the number one safety in the nation.
And I’ve bashed banda as well.

Advertisement
Every coach on the staff has gotten played since golden left. Safety has arguably been the best recruited and well coached position on the team. With exception to maybe the 2020running backs but we still got the number one safety in the nation.
We keep losing games they are all fair game to get bashed lol

Yep. It’s actually a good thing we’re able to change our opinion on him.

Maybe someone can pull up the cis podcast with the south dade coaches when Stevenson was there
“Y’all need to give coach banda a raise”
I think they also said that he by himself has done more than all the past coaching staffs combined.

Tbh I didn’t catch that pod, but I’m not suprised if that was said.

I think it’s because Banda was green/completely unproven so he has a different outlook and approach to recruiting ..just seems to be genuine , no ego, understands the mindset and where these kids coming from ..probably why he got played in the beginning, but played the long game

Advertisement
Maybe someone can pull up the cis podcast with the south dade coaches when Stevenson was there
“Y’all need to give coach banda a raise”
I think they also said that he by himself has done more than all the past coaching staffs combined.

Probably because they knew UGA was paying Stevenson more than Miami was paying Banda.

We keep losing games they are all fair game to get bashed lol
No one said anyone is clear of criticism. I even said that I bashed him. But doesn’t make what I said about his recruiting and coaching compared to everyone else.
I chopped it up about manny too. But he has done what other coaches didn’t want to do. And as much as we (including me) want to criticize baker, his faults are no where near d-no’s or John Richt or Dan Enos.

every safety he has coached here is playing in the nfl. Honestly, rumph mostly coaches them but I just dont get what you people want? how is a safeties coach suppose to be and x's and o's guy? its not like hes at DC. Guy has been recruiting 4 star after 4 star at his position and got the top safety in the country last year. almost every big recruiting battle we win, the kid says "Banda"
Fair point and as long as he’s recruiting well, frankly I don’t care how he coaches

Taylor and Hammett was just on ig live saying they’re going to the same school. You know how kids go with the package deals. They also said there is no chance Marshall will come to Miami because he different. Also both went crazy and said Smith staying home when asked that question.

Advertisement
:LOL: Or just continue to test him if he is asymptomatic. There are a lot of false positives out there. The CDC has confirmed this.

Have you read about Freddie Freeman with the Braves? Every media member is touching themselves over the fact an all-star got it and he has symptoms. Everybody for some reason seems to leave out that he started showing symptoms on Thursday and felt fine on Sunday
Markakis is sitting the season out because he talked to Freeman and said everything Freddie said made him realize the virus wasn’t a joke and he wasn’t risking getting it himself.

Taylor and Hammett was just on ig live saying they’re going to the same school. You know how kids go with the package deals. They also said there is no chance Marshall will come to Miami because he different. Also both went crazy and said Smith staying home when asked that question.
Don’t love hearing that considering Hammett just posted a graphic of like 5 teams on his IG live

Advertisement
Wow, LT is really all Miami now or trolling the **** out of us. I think the former but you never know with some of these kids. Taylor and Smith would be the ideal pull from that school. Best player on defense and offense. I'd love Marshall but he sounds like an OOS kid. I'd continue to recruit Collier but if we don't have room that is fine with me.

Don’t love hearing that considering Hammett just posted a graphic of like 5 teams on his IG live

I don't see that anywhere, just a Miami edit.

edit: nvm I found it

Looks like Miami, Nebraska (LOL), Pitt, West Virginia in the corner, and some hidden 5th team behind the camera, which can't be UF as they haven't even offered him. By logic, even if Hammett puts out a top 5 or whatever, Miami is the only team on both Taylor's top 2 and Hammett's top 5. If they're going to the same school, Miami is the only way that's even possible.

Last edited:

The Marshall thing is kinda sad but would rather him go to Bama than UF.

Advertisement
Markakis is sitting the season out because he talked to Freeman and said everything Freddie said made him realize the virus wasn’t a joke and he wasn’t risking getting it himself.

Definitely his choice and I respect it. Dont know his health situation or his family's. If you take out all the emotion and just look at actual data, and he has no underlying health issues that we dont know about, his risk of dying from this is somewhere around .01%. It's hard to take emotion out of it when all we see from the media is fear inducing headlines though.

I don't see that anywhere, just a Miami edit.

edit: nvm I found it

Looks like Miami, Nebraska (LOL), Pitt, West Virginia in the corner, and some hidden 5th team behind the camera, which can't be UF as they haven't even offered him. By logic, even if Hammett puts out a top 5 or whatever, Miami is the only team on both Taylor's top 2 and Hammett's top 5. If they're going to the same school, Miami is the only way that's even possible.

5th team is Tennessee

Advertisement
Back