Canes back in the mix for 5-star DT Taylor

View as article
If this d line doesn't eat this year then idk what to say anymore. Yea **** Baker.

I agree, but we have to be honest....we have stellae DEs most year with lackluster DTs. When we have a dominant one like Willis for a year, he gets double teams and OLs are taught to let our DE's speed rush themselves out of the play behind the QBs.

DT is where it MUST get better. Sure, we have Greentree heroes we love there in Ford, Nasty Nesta and young unproven hopefuls...but to act like we have been as talented in the middle as others who buy the almost plug and play beasts...just not true.

Again, like last year...we come in feeling superior because of DE. Time to let them shine like they can because we are disrupting in the middle again.

Advertisement
I agree, but we have to be honest....we have stellae DEs most year with lackluster DTs. When we have a dominant one like Willis for a year, he gets double teams and OLs are taught to let our DE's speed rush themselves out of the play behind the QBs.

DT is where it MUST get better. Sure, we have Greentree heroes we love there in Ford, Nasty Nesta and young unproven hopefuls...but to act like we have been as talented in the middle as others who buy the almost plug and play beasts...just not true.

Again, like last year...we come in feeling superior because of DE. Time to let them shine like they can because we are disrupting in the middle again.
Every historic defense contains a nasty DT. Our teams included. Derrick brown made a good auburn defense into a great one. What them this year You’ll see. We need to recruit nasty DTs or get creative on the evals (Harrison hunte and Miller). Cause y’all saw when we got the 5-star Willis our defense was awesome. Even RJ and norton were great for us.

Theyre both wearing gator shirts in the pic posted yesterday. Unless theyre trolling UF now

Advertisement
Every historic defense contains a nasty DT. Our teams included. Derrick brown made a good auburn defense into a great one. What them this year You’ll see. We need to recruit nasty DTs or get creative on the evals (Harrison hunte and Miller). Cause y’all saw when we got the 5-star Willis our defense was awesome. Even RJ and norton were great for us.

So you believe we have had "historic" defenses since Vince Wilfork?

Sorry, a solid DT here and there, as you mention Norton who became pretty good...and of course Willis, etc.

Once the bidding for war daddy DTs became so high...our best ones seem to be those that fall in our lap...Willis..or those that develop beyond some expectations...Norton.

Harrison Hunte and Miller haven't done anything. ****, Ford and Nesta haven't done much yet. Could they develop into great DTs...sure, I hope.

Sorry, a solid DT here and there, as you mention Norton who became pretty good...and of course Willis, etc.

Once the bidding for war daddy DTs became so high...our best ones seem to be those that fall in our lap...Willis..or those that develop beyond some expectations...Norton.

Harrison Hunte and Miller haven't done anything. ****, Ford and Nesta haven't done much yet. Could they develop into great DTs...sure, I hope.
We have not had that. Nope. All I’m saying is the DT position is the catalyst to a great defense. We have a great history at the position. And I know they get bought up. We have to figure something out to land those kids or hit on our evals

Miller has done more than Nesta has in 2 years.

Advertisement

Holley is going to be a stud....

Advertisement
Miller has done more than Nesta has in 2 years.
Boys just say anything now adays. Neither have done much/or have had the opportunity to do much due to the limited amount snaps they have had the last 2 seasons. Nesta played behind Gerald willis so he didn’t play much and then last year he missed like the first 5 games and was still working his way back from injury.

Boys just say anything now adays. Neither have done much/or have had the opportunity to do much due to the limited amount snaps they have had the last 2 seasons. Nesta played behind Gerald willis so he didn’t play much and then last year he missed like the first 5 games and was still working his way back from injury.
Kiss my ***. Boys huh? Only women eat their steaks and make ridiculous excuses like you.

Advertisement
We have not had that. Nope. All I’m saying is the DT position is the catalyst to a great defense. We have a great history at the position. And I know they get bought up. We have to figure something out to land those kids or hit on our evals
Dabo figured this out quick. His last few years he’s gone after an elite qb and athletic freaks on the dt position. They’ve been like 2 deep at DT and most of them are top 100 kids ranked in the top 10 or top 5 at DT.

Advertisement
Back