Canes back in the mix for 5-star DT Taylor

View as article
Problem is a lot of kids aren’t gonna wait to commit on ESD. We have to look good and look good early. They’re going to commit to have a spot at said school because of Early Signing Day.

If we aren’t rolling by November we are going to miss out on a lot of talent. If we are, it could get real interesting in a good way. Last season going 7-6 crippled us with the ‘21 class for the short term.

Advertisement
Problem is a lot of kids aren’t gonna wait to commit on ESD. We have to look good and look good early. They’re going to commit to have a spot at said school because of Early Signing Day.

If we aren’t rolling by November we are going to miss out on a lot of talent. If we are, it could get real interesting in a good way. Last season going 7-6 crippled us with the ‘21 class for the short term.

6-7 Last season

Hearing kids talk about how much a good education factors into their decision and then having schools like LSU and Auburn in their top 5 will never not be funny lmao

💰💰💰💰💰💰

Miami has definitely come a long way since being known as Sun Tan U many moons ago.

P.S. When he said he wants to get an education first and that football was second (which I applaud), my initial jaded reaction was to wonder if that would actually deter some schools from recruiting him.

Advertisement
I think we could win 10 games and this type of kid wouldn't come either way. Would absolutely love to be wrong.
10 games with wagner n **** on schedule is not impressive. We have a complete trash schedule with a high pace offense. I hope for explosive fun exciting offense that draws people to the games. We need to drop 50-60 burgers on everybody. Not one of those skin of teeth type seasons where we smoke n mirror like 2017? struggle with GT n ****..

We looked like crap for 15 years, what oline recruit was saying since he been in school we had a different oline coach.. We still have blake james, I know us as fans forget and forgive and when the calendar turns we have renewed faith but these kids are basically tryna make a decision on blind faith because of proximity?

Dude is trolling hard. Do we keep on recruiting him? Yes, but keep on recruiting other DT’s, too. It would take a very special season by our Canes for this kid to sign with us. Wouldn’t be surprised if Mullen told him to do it as revenge for us getting Avantae.
How is he trolling? Why would Mullen even waste his time with that?

10 games with wagner n **** on schedule is not impressive. We have a complete trash schedule with a high pace offense. I hope for explosive fun exciting offense that draws people to the games. We need to drop 50-60 burgers on everybody. Not one of those skin of teeth type seasons where we smoke n mirror like 2017? struggle with GT n ****..

We looked like crap for 15 years, what oline recruit was saying since he been in school we had a different oline coach.. We still have blake james, I know us as fans forget and forgive and when the calendar turns we have renewed faith but these kids are basically tryna make a decision on blind faith because of proximity?

You sound stressed out, Sky. Be easy.

Advertisement
How is he trolling? Why would Mullen even waste his time with that?

We’ve seen numerous examples of players trolling coaches right up to the last second and rumors of kids being told by coaches to troll until the last minute. Shavar Manuel comes to mind from a few years ago with UF and FSU, as well as Reggie Northrop with us.

This makes your rivals have to waste resources and time recruiting a kid that has no intention of going to said school, and takes those same resources/time away from a kid that actually might be interested in commiting to us.

Gotta WIN!!!! A 10-2 or better season along with winning the ACC Coastal would fix 80% of our recruiting problems. Do it back to back and we start steamrolling.

Hey...finally someone provides an out of the blue original take. ****, I wish I would have figured out that winning would be beneficial.

I've got a good one I've thought of all by myself... Winning a whole bunch, while successfully recruiting the best players every year (and then coaching them up and motivating them) will really, really help bring some magic back!

Together, you and I have got this baby figured out!!

Actions speak louder than words. When he puts Miami back in his top tier (not just words), then I will pay attention. Until then, not going to waste my time.

Advertisement

You need to have your BP taken immediately.

Im
"it just feels like home every time I’m there.”

How many times have we heard this line?
I'm sure it does feel like home. Tje bottom line is we need to win 10+ games and winning the bowl game wouldn't hurt.

In my honest opinion, 10 wins would feel like 8 because the schedule is relatively weak. 11-1 regular season to win the Coastal, a good showing in the ACC title game, and bowl victory would solidify getting/holding top recruits.

For me 12-2 would be a great year. Ten wins is just ok given the weak schedule.

Actions speak louder than words. When he puts Miami back in his top tier (not just words), then I will pay attention. Until then, not going to waste my time.

That is just words though lol.

Actions include stuff like visiting campus, throwing up the U, not visiting other schools...

Advertisement
I think we could win 10 games and this type of kid wouldn't come either way.
We'd still be hearing the same excuses "I don't hear from the coaches and it was a business decision." Many will visit UM 100 times but say school X in the woods feels like home even though they went 1 to 3 times at max.

The fans will still be blaming the coaches. The fold out table committee will tell us how the coaches never come by.

Advertisement
Back