'Canes are first for 2015 athlete Holcy

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
Being six-foot-five, 206-pounds, you are expected to perform well on the football field. However, expectations are one thing, and backing it up is a complete other thing.

One of the kids who backs it up is 2015 St. Cloud (Fla.) athlete, Trevill Holcy.

Holcy, saw his recruitment really heat up these past two weeks, as he added scholarship offers from the Kentucky Wildcats and Miami Hurricanes; his first two offers.

Miami, who was Holcy's first offer, offered him on National Signing Day which made a huge impact on Holcy since they offered him early in the process. But how Holcy found out about the offer is a little comical.

"I was actually training my speed and agility at the time. So my coach then left training because he had to go catch a flight to a coaching clinic in New Jersey," said Holcy. "Then I saw his little hatchback (laughs) veer back to where I was training. He ran and got out of the car and handed me the phone and it was (Miami Hurricanes running backs) coach Hurlie Brown."

But what did coach Brown say to Holcy that made him so happy?

"Coach Brown was telling me all this stuff about how they had seen my highlight tape and we love you and we want you to become a 'Cane. So they offered me a full scholarship to the University of Miami and they let me know that I was at the top of their recruiting board for the H-Position," said Holcy.

According to Holcy, this offer essentially came straight out of nowhere.

"I didn't believe it really. It was like I wasn't receiving any attention. The attention would fade in, fade out, and then they just called and offered out of nowhere which was tremendous and so exciting," said Holcy.

Right now Holcy is playing 7-on-7 for a team called "Elite Recruits", based in the Orlando area.

Holcy says his 7-on-7 team is going to be taking a cross-country college tour sometime soon that will include visits to Miami, Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, Kentucky, and many more.

There are a couple things that Holcy would like to do before his senior season starts.

"I just want to simply get better, qualify, and definitely commit before my senior season," said Holcy.

Holcy reportedly just missed the cut to qualify by NCAA standards after his first SAT test and plans to take the test again very soon.

Motivation is definitely one thing that Holcy does not lack. Holcy is striving hard to be the first person in his family ever to graduate college which would mean the world to him he says.

The 'Canes coaching staff was very smart to hop on Holcy early in his recruitment. Landing this top-notch receiver who happens to run a 4.5 40-yard dash, would be a real good pickup for the 'Canes 2015 class.

**Here are Holcy's highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1937357/trevill-holcy

**Holcy visited Miami during the Florida game last season

Advertisement
Nash got sent back to the minors, worked on his swing, and now he's unstoppable.

Advertisement
Nash got sent back to the minors, worked on his swing, and now he's unstoppable.

Him and glory are like Sammy Sosa and mark Mcgwire right now lol

Agreed.

All these guys have come a long way.

They grow up so fast....

93.jpg

Advertisement

Pete is Barry Bonds.

Who's Tito?

Pete is like Arod, have to keep him away from the bad influences. Performance is the same, HOF during the regular season, but still has a lot to prove in the post season.

Much better comparison.

Pete is Barry Bonds.

Who's Tito?

Pete is like Arod, have to keep him away from the bad influences. Performance is the same, HOF during the regular season, but still has a lot to prove in the post season.

Except this was Petes WS because he was right about everybody pretty much

Thread degenerates. I want to read more about Holcy and all I get is comparisons to washed-up baseball players.

Neg me.

Where is the neg button anyway?

Yeah, who does pay for all these trips?

Advertisement

Pete is Barry Bonds.

Who's Tito?

:ibisroflmao:

Thread degenerates. I want to read more about Holcy and all I get is comparisons to washed-up baseball players.

Neg me.

Where is the neg button anyway?

Yeah, who does pay for all these trips?

Chad Wilson
Uncle Luke

Advertisement

Pete is Barry Bonds.

Who's Tito?

Except this was Petes WS because he was right about everybody pretty much

Arod had good post seasons before the Yankees years. But started associating with the wrong crowd and...well, we all know what happened. Old Pete needs to do it without the enhancers that will sink him to the bottom.

Accept without the steroids and one of them haven't gone from a black Cuban to a middle aged white man lol

EXCEPT* that Sammy Sosa is Puerto Rican

he's Dominican

Yeah unfortunately my smart *** post wasn't so smart.

Advertisement
Back