Canes are #1 in Total Team Defense

What a waste of a great defense. Lots of key guys likely gone after this year.

Fvck Richt. Should've really contended for a playoff spot with all this talent.

Advertisement
If you told me we would would have the #1 total team defense through 7 games, I would say I'm buying our CFP tickets. Too much talent on offense that has just been wasted.

Look at who we have played and that will explain it. SSU 1-5, Toledo 3-4, FIU, UNC 1-5, FSU 4-3, outside of UVA and LSU (both loses), we haven't played any one worth a ****. We are a paper tiger. Our D is much better than our O, I will say that.

Not in love with our schedule, it is what it is, but we've done with those teams what good defenses do. Our performance and our stats reflect that and come the NFL draft, it too will reflect just how much talent is on our D.

Too beat the top teams you have to be balanced - strong offense and strong defense. You can't put your defense on a short field multiple times in a row with multiple 3 and outs followed by a net 15-25 yard punt and expect to win. We have done that routinely over the season. We opened the season that way.

Not meaning any negative vibes. Just facts, when we play a team that's good or in P5, we lose. Michigan and Clemson are beating top 25 teams and we are not.

Because those teams you list have offenses to compliment their defenses. Any moron can see that if we had an offense we definitely win the UVA game. And at worst are at least in the LSU game as well.

Advertisement
If you told me we would would have the #1 total team defense through 7 games, I would say I'm buying our CFP tickets. Too much talent on offense that has just been wasted.

Very true, I didn't think our offense would be burning it up this season simply because there hasn't been anything about our offense under Richt to this point that suggested that we would, but I did think we would take a step forward - presumed QB development, everyone with another year in the system, most dynamic offensive player(s) in the ACC, and so on. If anything, I thought our defense would take a step back. I was wrong.

This defense has been carrying this program for three years now.

Last edited:
They can’t keep this performance up much longer with O’s three and outs ever so increasing.

It would be an eye opener to see how many opponents O plays compared to ours .

KUDOS TO OUR D THE WHIPPING POST OF THIS TEAM , VERY COURAGEOUS ALL YEAR .

Imagine if they could rest more than 75 seconds ( 3 plays) for our O drives.

It would be scary our D

GOCANES

We rank around 95th in plays per game on O.

Advertisement
There will be a mass exodus after 2018. Diaz and co. will have their hands full.

Leaving or already gone:

Willis
Johnson
Redwine
M. Jackson
Dean
Smith
Odenigbo
D. Jackson
McCray
Perry

May Leave:

J. Jackson
Knowles
Martin

Might could leave:

Pinckney
Quarterman

Mark it down

DE Patchan / Rousseau / Harvey
DT Bethel / Silvera / Blissett
DT Ford / Miller / Holley
DE Garvin / Joyner / Williams

LB McCloud / Wilder /Huff
LB Quarterman / Jennings / Brooks
LB Pinckney / Steed / Solomon

CB Bandy / Blades / Couch
SS Finley / D. Smith / K. Smith
FS Carter / Hall / Nunn
CB Ivey / Frierson / Brownlee

UM better bring a 💲💲💲💲💲🏧 to keep Manny here. In 2.5 years we have a championship caliber D.
We've got that now if cmr and the offense would just do something we'd be close to the point we could challenge Clemson.

Advertisement
Mark it down

DE Patchan / Rousseau / Harvey
DT Bethel / Silvera / Blissett
DT Ford / Miller / Holley
DE Garvin / Joyner / Williams

LB McCloud / Wilder /Huff
LB Quarterman / Jennings / Brooks
LB Pinckney / Steed / Solomon

CB Bandy / Blades / Couch
SS Finley / D. Smith / K. Smith
FS Carter / Hall / Nunn
CB Ivey / Frierson / Brownlee

still would be an insanely talented unit

Advertisement
If your point is we haven’t played a top 5 O then I agree. But miss me with UCF
I honestly believe if we had a top 25 offense and a QB that completed passes better than 50% our D could hold its own vs the top offenses. It’s when our O sucks and turns the ball over that our D runs out of juice

There will be a mass exodus after 2018. Diaz and co. will have their hands full.

Leaving or already gone:

Willis
Johnson
Redwine
M. Jackson
Dean
Smith
Odenigbo
D. Jackson
McCray
Perry

May Leave:

J. Jackson
Knowles
Martin

Might could leave:

Pinckney
Quarterman

Willis will be hard to replace

Leaving or already gone:

Willis
Johnson
Redwine
M. Jackson
Dean
Smith
Odenigbo
D. Jackson
McCray
Perry

May Leave:

J. Jackson
Knowles
Martin

Might could leave:

Pinckney
Quarterman

Was there really a need to invlude these two??

Knowles
Martin

I honestly believe if we had a top 25 offense and a QB that completed passes better than 50% our D could hold its own vs the top offenses. It’s when our O sucks and turns the ball over that our D runs out of juice
UCF AD going Around complaining about not being taking seriously. They don’t play anyone lol. Their best win of 2018 is auburn in a bowl game..well we see what they are. Point is if we played UCF schedule we’d have at least a top 10 O and either 12 or 5 would get fringe heisman love too. And this post wasn’t want a rebutle towards u but something I wanted to say lol. But back to our D. Teams like OU, bama would definitely put points up against our D. That’s not and indictment on us just the way the rules are and the is played and frankly, it’s a chicks dig the long ball thing

Advertisement
Back