Canes and Family's Success?

Umbra

Carolina Cane
With Irvin not living up to the family name, I was curious if there were any stories of sons (or other related family) of previous players that have managed to actually do really well at Miami.
So far the Blades family has been successful and I hope Al continues that trend. Njoku also has a chance to create a Njoku family trend. In the past, the Moss family comes to mind... Who else?

Advertisement
With Irvin not living up to the family name, I was curious if there were any stories of sons (or other related family) of previous players that have managed to actually do really well at Miami.
So far the Blades family has been successful and I hope Al continues that trend. Njoku also has a chance to create a Njoku family trend. In the past, the Moss family comes to mind... Who else?
Three generations of Chickillos go to the top of the list in my opinion.

George Mira Jr. was a solid LB here in the mid-80s. He may have been an AA, actually. His pappy is, of course, George Mira.

Others have mentioned the Chickillos, Blades and Patchans - if Scott is productive here - I think he will be if he's added weight to compete.

There are others, but I don't feel like thinking too deeply about it.

Advertisement
This could be true.

He had every opportunity last year - including virtually no depth at TE.

But even when Herndon went down, he didn't do too much.

Hopefully he'll get it done and become a solid TE for us, but I definitely have some reservations at this point.

Life is about production, not potential.

I think Irvin Jr. has a minimal work ethic. He has the size and speed to be a good TE, but just doesn't have the desire to bust his *** because he has been pampered.

Advertisement
Dan Sileo was a solid defensive lineman and his son, Dan Sileo Jr., was one of the most prolific insiders ever to grace CIS.

The Olsen family ....Although they were brothers

Greg was an All Star, All Pro and NFL Payton Award Man of the Year............Kevin was a total flop, transferred to UNCC and is now facing rape charges

Although Walter Payton attended Jackson State University, his son attended the U.

Jarrett was ok and had some good solid moments here but never really approached star level

He sits next to me in the suite, he's a great guy. I didn't realize he played for us but he does have a big ring. I'm pretty sure I heard someone say he's a coach.
It's an 89 national championship ring. I believe he's an assistant at a high school in palm beach but I don't know for sure.

Advertisement
Although Walter Payton attended Jackson State University, his son attended the U.

Jarrett was ok and had some good solid moments here but never really approached star level
Pailed next to his dad and the legends that preceded him at Miami BUT better than most of our RBs in the last decade save Lamar Miller and Duke Johnson.

Advertisement
It's an 89 national championship ring. I believe he's an assistant at a high school in palm beach but I don't know for sure.

He's the DL coach at Vero Beach High School. Was the head coach for Sebastian River HS but the principal screwed him out of his job.

Eddie Dunn was the first ligitimate legend for the U. Both of his sons were Gary and Bo were major contributors during the seventies. Gary played for the steelers. Joe Brodsky although a Gator was a coach here. His son Larry caught passes big time from Jim Kelly.

P. S. I thought we were talking only about UM players or coaches and their legacies who also played here

Advertisement
Back