Canes and COVID- Interesting article in Sun Sentinel

Uh oh, death rates are starting to spike, as expected. Pray it's an aberration, though common sense says it's not. Maybe it will fizzle out. Because, you know, summer, fish tank cleaner, and the beautiful, most beautiful reports.

The U.S.’s daily number of deaths from the coronavirus has risen recently in some of the nation’s most populous states, signaling a possible end to months of declining death totals nationally.

In Texas, officials announced 119 deaths on Wednesday, surpassing a daily record for deaths in the pandemic that the state had set only a day earlier. In Arizona, more than 200 deaths have been announced already this week, and the daily virus death toll in the state reached higher than ever. Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, South Dakota and Tennessee also set single-day death records this week.
Before you ask: it was me.

Advertisement
Please don't drag me in this. OCCC is a good dude, better than me actually. I'm kinda tired of arguing with people and reading arguments. I miss sports. I miss going to WaWa without playing Russian Roulette with my health. I've run out of **** to watch on my streaming platforms. And worst of all The Last of Us part II sucked, confirming this year to be a ****show and all I got to show for it is this SCU shirt. I hope all you ******** are wearing masks and staying safe.

Last edited:
Death as a percentage of cases might be a little lower, but that's pretty meaningless when the amount of cases is so rapidly increasing. How are the actual hospitalization and actual death numbers looking? From a practical standpoint, that's far more meaningful than percentages.
1594415289462.png

Are you in your teens? Serious question.
See here's the thing. He'll post stupid sht showing skewed data and then question everyone else's figures. He doesn't get it. He's just here to make things sound as bad as possible. He'll accept anything that agrees with him and disregard anything that doesn't.

You might just as well try explaining trigonometry to a turnip.

Please don't drag me in this. OCCC is a good dude, better than me actually. I'm kinda tired of arguing with people and reading arguments. I miss sports. I miss going to WaWa without playing Russian Roulette with my health. I've run out of **** to watch on my streaming platforms. And worst of all The Last of Us part II sucked, confirming this year to be a ****show and all I got to show for it is this SCU shirt. I hope all you ******** are wearing masks and staying safe.

Christopher Daniels in his heyday was a gawd....

Advertisement
See here's the thing. He'll post stupid sht showing skewed data and then question everyone else's figures. He doesn't get it. He's just here to make things sound as bad as possible. He'll accept anything that agrees with him and disregard anything that doesn't.

You might just as well try explaining trigonometry to a turnip.
Ive had a great time this week making pretend the doom and gloomers are nonexistent. New rule: stop feeding the buffoons...

Advertisement
Ouch. That first sentence kind of felt like a low blow, even though I know it's unintentional. My friend died from Covid-19. So did a friends mother who I knew. My own mother was in the hospital for 12 days and hopefully won't have any long term damage (she is out and feeling well now). I also know people in bio-med and the medical field who are working on the fight against it so I've heard some firsthand accounts from the frontlines.

I f'ing hate this thing. But I respect how dangerous it is, and I am not stupid enough to be cavalier about it.

Your 2nd sentence, bolded above, is dead on. Our federal government has completely screwed the pooch on this for political reasons. And point blank idiocy.

Image may contain: text
This is what happens to a rudderless ship.

There’s a difference between deaths and death rates. But you go on doing your thing and keep on cheering up deaths or death rates

Exactly!

They're ragging on States with Republican Governors.

Fall out of a tree and break your neck - you died of Covid-19.

Died of fifteen life-threatening complications - you died of Covid-19.

Saw a young man - in his 30's, looked healthy - dead as as could be. Mowed his yard - told his wife he was going to lie on the couch and take a nap - and died. Wasn't CV-19 - this was a few years ago - but if it was today - that heart failure would be yet another CV-19 death.

It's mostly BS!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back