Canes #6 in coaches poll

Advertisement
What a freakin joke. I knew it would happen, but what a joke. Baylor ran up the score on NAIA teams. They beat one team with a pulse, k-state, who lost to an I-aa team and barely won. Mizzou played Toledo, Murray st, Indiana, Arkansas St. Toledo, Vandy, Georgia without any I'd their players and Florida without any players and they both jump us. Crap, utter crap.

Take it out on Wake!

What a freakin joke. I knew it would happen, but what a joke. Baylor ran up the score on NAIA teams. They beat one team with a pulse, k-state, who lost to an I-aa team and barely won. Mizzou played Toledo, Murray st, Indiana, Arkansas St. Toledo, Vandy, Georgia without any I'd their players and Florida without any players and they both jump us. Crap, utter crap.

Take it out on Wake!

there is not an ounce of logic in that poll. How would you like to be VT or Auburn. Still sitting behind A&M

Mizzou has South Carolina this saturday....I can see them losing that one. Oregon may go down to UCLA also....still might see a top 5 showdown in Tally.

Advertisement
I would think that if we win convincingly this weekend, we will be voted into the top 5 just so ESPN can hype up another top 5 matchup in primetime

Why anyone would complain about Baylor jumping us is foolish.

Blowing out Buffalo, Wofford, Iowa State, West Virginia doesn't make the argument foolish. Playing one road game as well. They played K-State on the road and struggled until a late TD sealed it. Its not a foolish argument. Too many people in here trying really hard to look rational. Maybe the Houston Cougar teams from the early 90s should've have jumped us when we were farting around with an opponent. That is if point differential against an outmatched opponent is evidence of a really good football team.

edit: They also destroyed La. Monroe.

AP is what would appear normally but since the BCS rankings come out tonight I am pretty sure they will be going with those from hear on out.

thank god that ap is bull****. baylors best win is a k-state team that lost to NDSU at home. What a joke. Its like if our best win was against USF.

Advertisement

Take it out on Wake!

Baylor is soft, let Mizzou have their day, they earned it, I dont know if they last on Saturday with a backup, but let them have it for now.

Getting jumped by these teams leaves a bad taste in our mouth. However, tell me what you would have done before the season started if I said we would be ranked 6 and 7 at this point? The point is we have a really good team and the rest of this will shake out in a few weeks. I am happy to finally say we have a top 10 team.

Advertisement
Why anyone would complain about Baylor jumping us is foolish.

Blowing out Buffalo, Wofford, Iowa State, West Virginia doesn't make the argument foolish. Playing one road game as well. They played K-State on the road and struggled until a late TD sealed it. Its not a foolish argument. Too many people in here trying really hard to look rational. Maybe the Houston Cougar teams from the early 90s should've have jumped us when we were farting around with an opponent. That is if point differential against an outmatched opponent is evidence of a really good football team.

edit: They also destroyed La. Monroe.

Completely agree with ^. The one road game Baylor played was Kansas State in which they won by 10 points. K-State has won two games this year (Louisiana and UMass) and both games were against horrible teams. Baylor's schedule so far, not what's left to be played, should not have landed them in the top 15.

Advertisement
everybody calm down. Baylor and Mizzou will both lose within the next two or three weeks

also if we lose against Florida State then it doesn't matter anyways, Hope the team finds any motivation they can

Baylors offense is elite and their D is improved to the mediocre level. I love the Canes, but objectively speaking, Baylor deserved the jump the way they crushed a conference opponent yesterday. They would shred our D the way they looked against NC.

kill yo self

Look guys, I don't like getting jumped anymore than you do but, does it really matter right now? As has been said before.....Take care of business in tally & we will be the ones doing the jumping. If we don't it wont really matter because no matter what we aren't going to be a one loss MNC team & we still control our destiny in the coastal. That means we still can play in the ACC title game & a BCS bowl. Take a glass half full approach. We are 6-0 after a week where our ugly win suddenly turned gritty. We have everything in front of us. Beat wake & we got a monster game in tally to look forward to......life is good!

Advertisement
Back