Canes #18 in USA Today Poll

Advertisement
If QB goes from question mark to solidified............................................top 5 easy. Even in the complexities of this sport you really just need three things 1. Ability to control both lines of scrimmage, 2. Speed/playmakers at the skills positions, 3. Solid to elite play from the QB. Miami has two of the three as good if not better than just about anyone.

Last edited:
I don't mind LSU or Auburn being ranked where they are.
I am surprised Michigan is ranked at 9 though. I know their recruiting is great and Harbaugh has them coached up but still.

Harbaugh's a good coach, but he's even better at drawing a ton of attention.

The thing about him is, how long before he burns out, burns bridges, and his shtick gets old. I wasn't keeping up on the politics of his last job in SF, but it sure seems like he burned bright, had a really good thing going, then like in a matter of moths it was all hate and he was gone.

Mercurial best describes him, and I question his longevity, even at his alma mater.

Texas should be really good this year
lol at uf
UGA had a monster recruiting class and have the qb to be good

if we can get our qb situation figured out, we can easily be a legit top ten team

i think PSU played well and took some teams by surprise. I don't believe they will repeat the success they had. Same with USC

Last edited:
Advertisement
I am surprised Michigan is ranked at 9 though. I know their recruiting is great and Harbaugh has them coached up but still.

The thing about him is, how long before he burns out, burns bridges, and his shtick gets old. I wasn't keeping up on the politics of his last job in SF, but it sure seems like he burned bright, had a really good thing going, then like in a matter of moths it was all hate and he was gone.

Mercurial best describes him, and I question his longevity, even at his alma mater.
Harbaugh is legit but I don't think he's beating Meyer anytime soon. What Ohio st is doing is in terms of recruiting is impressive. They got the second best coach in the game and the talent around him. Michigan will be good but is gonna fall short.

Michigan#9? Does Harbaugh only swallow during the last quarter of the season. Dude has a ball cap w handle bars mounted on it

No other team in the coarstal other than VT ranked. And they are below us. Should be a cakewalk to the conference title game, right???

No other team in the coarstal other than VT ranked. And they are below us. Should be a cakewalk to the conference title game, right???

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that question.

That being said, I'm confident this is the year.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Aranda is mercurial. Harbaugh comes off like weirdo. Seems like he'd be really a good fit at Oregon; very eclectic folk and a lot of money without a ton of pressure. I agree about his longevity at Michigan.

If our offensive line can get push on a team we're gonna be tough to beat. That's the litmus test for me each game and I expect we'll be able to run on most teams. Walton and Homer should do work and I expect a lot of deep balls this season.

Auburn got blasted in their bowl get yet rated higher than Miami with 5 losses? I hate preseason polls

Advertisement

If our offensive line can get push on a team we're gonna be tough to beat. That's the litmus test for me each game and I expect we'll be able to run on most teams. Walton and Homer should do work and I expect a lot of deep balls this season.

I expect the defense to keep the opponent's scores manageable and big improvement from our special teams in both coverage and returns to keep the field position an advantage. The offense will do enough to score. We just have too many skill guys. Should not have to depend on the qb to win games, just manage them.

Number 18 sounds about right if our record is 9-3. Other polls have us ranked about the same. Vegas has us with a win total that is lower than what most posters think it should be. I have us losing to fsu, va tech and notre dame. Ga tech or Pitt may also be a problem. We are thin at some critical positions and key injuries can affect our w-l record.

Advertisement
Back