Canes #11/13 (Coach/AP) - 2.20.23

Sorry but that’s tough guy nonsense.

It obviously needed to happen. If the team didn’t need a reminder they wouldn’t have blown a 25 point second half lead against a garbage squad.

They did. It sucked. Inexcusable.

Life serves everyone **** sandwiches. History books are full of lumps and lessons.

On Saturday a heavyweight got TKO’d by a flyweight. They shouldn’t have. They shouldn’t have needed another reminder.

But guess what.

They did.

That’s not weak that’s reality. The only next question is whether they’re going to learn that lesson and punch for 40 minutes from here on out.
I disagree completely and I’ll just leave it at that

Advertisement
1678122460959.png

Advertisement
Them having UVA ranked ahead of us annoys me

As a fan, sure. Being objective, not sure I can argue with it.

We played UVA once this year. Game was in Miami. We barely won. If the game had been in VA we would probably be the ACC #4 seed or something if we're being real.

Value this Coral Gables "head to head" point for what it is, but it doesn't change the rest of the season, as they beat Baylor, lost to #1 seed Houston by 8, lost at PITT, lost at VT, lost at BC (Eeeek).

They have a better best win (Baylor), a better best loss (Houston), and we have the worst loss(es) between the two programs (GT? FSU?)

We played UVA once this year. Game was in Miami. We barely won. If the game had been in VA we would probably be the ACC #4 seed or something if we're being real.

Value this Coral Gables "head to head" point for what it is, but it doesn't change the rest of the season, as they beat Baylor, lost to #1 seed Houston by 8, lost at PITT, lost at VT, lost at BC (Eeeek).

They have a better best win (Baylor), a better best loss (Houston), and we have the worst loss(es) between the two programs (GT? FSU?)
Miami controlled that UVA game throughout. Up by 15 early in the second half. But because this team is who they are, a 10 point lead with a minute to go gets whittled down to 1 and Pack is at the line with 4 secs left hitting 1 out of 2. UVA doesn't get a shot off and Miami wins by two

The team should be at minimum 18-2 in conference. Those two losses on the road by a combined 4 points and one double digit loss overall in a neutral site tournament in a back to back situation. Really close to a dominant regular season. They'll likely be underseeded. If we get to the second weekend as a #4 or #5 a potential #1 seed that sees Miami in the Sweet 16 is getting a raw deal. Just gonna hold my breath in late game situations for the next 3-4 weeks.

Advertisement
Miami controlled that UVA game throughout. Up by 15 early in the second half. But because this team is who they are, a 10 point lead with a minute to go gets whittled down to 1 and Pack is at the line with 4 secs left hitting 1 out of 2. UVA doesn't get a shot off and Miami wins by two

The team should be at minimum 18-2 in conference. Those two losses on the road by a combined 4 points and one double digit loss overall in a neutral site tournament in a back to back situation. Really close to a dominant regular season. They'll likely be underseeded. If we get to the second weekend as a #4 or #5 a potential #1 seed that sees Miami in the Sweet 16 is getting a raw deal. Just gonna hold my breath in late game situations for the next 3-4 weeks.
Agreed. Miami controlled the entire game until the very end( did Miami things per usual). We would have had an excellent chance to beat UVA at their place if we would have played there. UVA has a very good D but lacks scoring. As someone already stated, UVA was gifted a win against Duke. The conference even stated that the refs jobbed Duke. They can hang their banner but there needs to be an * on it

The ACC should have at leat eight tournament teams.
Miami, Virginia, Pitt, Duke, Clemson, NCst, Heels and Forest should all be in.
Maybe even Syracuse and Vatech.
But the narrative has been set and the acc sucks.
The big ten and 12 are better that's why Wisconsin should be in or West Virginia.

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 10.27.42 PM.png

:LOL:

jim kelly respect GIF by Warner Archive

One of the most remarkable things about our season: If games were 39 minutes long we'd be 27-3.

We're basically a #1/#2 seed that has more difficulty closing games than any Miami team I can remember

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back