Canes @ #1 Tarheels *Prepare your ***** baseball thread

SevenNSeven

Junior
Game 1 is 7:00 tonight on ESPN3.

UNC is 16-0 (3-0) ACC and ranked #1.

We're 14-5 (1-2), ranked first in IbisNation's apathy poll, and are one Jim Morris ineffective bunt or baserunning ****up away from our fanbase rebelling in totality and contacting the AD and demanding his head on a platter (okay, not really, but still).

Getting swept in this series would be disastrous, starting us at 1-5 in ACC play. Regardless of your opinion of the current reality of the status of the baseball program, I think we all can agree that our floor is high enough that we should always, at least, qualify to play in the ACC Tournament. Stealing one in Chapel Hill will be crucial to that.

Tonight Kent Emanuel is on the mound, a big lefty that's 3-0 with a 0.56 ERA. We're countering with Chris Diaz, fuzzy handcuffs, and a ballgag.

So, uh, yeah.

game-of-thrones-beheading.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
I already called and asked for Morris' head on a plate. When they said no, I just told them to cancel my HC donations for the duration. Hit em in the wallets boys! Dont support the slide!

Advertisement
Eh, we might get one, but more than likely we get swept. And not a single fluck will be given by the AD Department.

Where's the pick the number of wins/total runs scored this weekend and win a free canesinsight.co(m) tshirt contest?

0-0 after 1.

UNC was literally inches away from putting runs on the board however. We got the benefit of a call after a play at the plate after a wild pitch.

Advertisement
Led off the second with a single...and the runner gets picked off. That's give away out #1 of the night.

Double play gets us out of the 2nd.

There are cool moustaches, there are creepy moustaches, and there are *** catcher moustaches. I'm not saying the ones on the UNC players are the latter, but their warmup music should be the Village people.

Last edited:
The real winner tonight will be Mack. He was saved from a potentially serious collision by conveniently placed bullpin door.
Of course, if the door wasn't there, it wouldve been the hardest we hit anything all night.

0-0 after 3.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We need to get some runs. Because, they're going to get theirs when they get to our bullpin.

We're a light hitting team in the best of circumstances. This umpire just called a strike on a pitch that almost hit Thompson in the ****...might not be the best of circumstances.

Advertisement
The stench of our mediocrity is fierce, but this kid throwing for UNC may be the best pitcher in the country.

The stench of our mediocrity is fierce, but this kid throwing for UNC may be the best pitcher in the country.

There's no doubting that. I would wonder though, about some of our guys' approach to hitting, if I thought at all that they knew what 'hitting' was.

1-0 Canes. Good thing the players don't read this board. They would have just stayed home and forfeited the game.

Advertisement
Back