CaneHunt '14: Safety | UPDATE Quin Blanding commits to UVA

I would say no big deal but for some reason UVA owns our asses lately.

Who are we looking at at safety this cycle?

Everybody but Quincy Wilson.

*ducks*

Well Quincy Wilson has stated he is a CB and not a Safety.

I do think that Quinton Flowers could be a great FS if he can drop the whole I have to be a QB in college.

Look at Denard Robinson, he will be drafted most likely as an ATH (WR/DB/KR/PR) and loose out on a lot of money b/c he also "had to play QB" when choosing a college, and never learned and got coached up how to play WR/DB/KR/PR. With his athleticism, if he would have gone to any school and got coached up on WR/DB and actually had college game experience and film for NFL scouts at one of those positions then he might be in the first 2 rounds. But he "had to play QB"

It worked out pretty good for Anquan Boldin that Bobby Bowden lied and told him he would be a QB at FSU then switched him to WR. He would not be making the money he is and would not have just won a Super Bowl if he would have gone somewhere that would have just let him stay at QB like Michigan did with Denard.

Advertisement
one one hand you have smallish athletic QBs like Russell Wilson, Michael Vick. on the other, you have former QBs who have switched positions and done well: Boldin, Ward, etc.

how do you balance that?

Does nobody have an idea about our safety board, really?

Hey RiDLer...

We have two more boards to complete, including the Safety Board. You should see it sometime tomorrow. Thanks for asking.

Make It A Great Day!
:cigar:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back