Cane talk:

Advertisement
Put it this way hes right.............I started watching cfb because of this U. We r different

Advertisement
He basically said miami will suck this year. Said all the power schools are expected to win 10 plus games this year and the only thing missing is a good miami team.

He basically said miami will suck this year. Said all the power schools are expected to win 10 plus games this year and the only thing missing is a good miami team.

i think next season we will be really good this season can be a toss up tbh

He said much more than just that. Besides, cant blame anybody for not believing this team can win 10 considering we haven't won 10 games in 13 years. He is spot on about Miami. College Football needs Miami back. Bama is a boring dynasty.

Advertisement

And that's the only thing you took from his long speech. Brilliant.

I don't think 99% of the fan base is bandwagon. There is a "bandwagon factor" as there is with any team when we start wining 10+/year again. I think the Miami Hurricane football fan base has been pretty fu*kin loyal over the past 17 years - for as bad as the team was, and under Donna Shalala there was no hope of ever getting any better - Miami should be happy with the fan base that stood behind the team. If I put out a product like Shalala did for 15 years with no hope of getting better - and there were still people coming to the games to get kicked in the nuts with every loss, I would consider myself lucky.

i think next season we will be really good this season can be a toss up tbh

Your thoughts are shared, but CANE fans have set such a high bar for what is a success, for them the coin has heads on both sides.

Advertisement
Cowherd like most in the media are opportunists.
He wants to buy stock while it is low and then bank on it once it booms so he can tell America "I told you so".
When the Canes are owning the college football world again he wants to ride the coattails, not because he like Miami or the Hurricanes or his fake attribution to it being the second thing he thinks about after beaches.
It is good for ratings and good for his ego and good for his "predictions" he always seems to do on his shows.

Advertisement
For those that want to listen to the guy as less as possible, starts around the 4:15 mark.

His ear isn't on the street the way the average poster on this board is. We'll win 10 and a natty before a lot of those teams he named.

I don't think 99% of the fan base is bandwagon. There is a "bandwagon factor" as there is with any team when we start wining 10+/year again. I think the Miami Hurricane football fan base has been pretty fu*kin loyal over the past 17 years - for as bad as the team was, and under Donna Shalala there was no hope of ever getting any better - Miami should be happy with the fan base that stood behind the team. If I put out a product like Shalala did for 15 years with no hope of getting better - and there were still people coming to the games to get kicked in the nuts with every loss, I would consider myself lucky.

I get his point. The 99% was for effect, if anything.
Who knows, maybe our fan base does grows 100x when we are dominating.
Is so, I'm proud to be a 1 percenter.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back