Cane DTs over the decades. Who was the greatest?

Polarizing personality, but #1 for me is Sapp by virtue of his "country strength" and "nice feet". He was a problem for OLs.
I'm friends with UM Nosetackle Great Tony Fitzpatrick, matter of fact, spoke to him last night to wish him a Merry X-Mas. He told me his Sr yr (Jerome's Frosh yr) he couldn't believe the strength Jerome had. He knew he'd be a Great one from the get go.

Advertisement
These ALL are TREMENDOUS and Hall of Fame.

Kevin Fitzpatrick nose tackle 5’11” 230 YES believe.

He played against at the time the GREATEST O-LINE in CFB history Nebraska.

I was there at that game , it was mortal combat of PASSION vs OVERWHELMING POWER.
I will never forget the ferocity in the PITS , I’ve never witnessed anything like this since that night EVER.

That night the night of nights in CANE HISTORY.

Kevin Fitzpatrick

GOCANES
Name is Tony Fitzpatrick...not Kevin....and he was 6'0 250 at UM...

These ALL are TREMENDOUS and Hall of Fame.

Kevin Fitzpatrick nose tackle 5’11” 230 YES believe.

He played against at the time the GREATEST O-LINE in CFB history Nebraska.

I was there at that game , it was mortal combat of PASSION vs OVERWHELMING POWER.
I will never forget the ferocity in the PITS , I’ve never witnessed anything like this since that night EVER.

That night the night of nights in CANE HISTORY.

Kevin Fitzpatrick

GOCANES
That Nebraska OL is STILL the Greatest OL in CFB History....and might have been better the yr before when Rimington was still there.

Advertisement
Maryland should definately be there, you also have some old school guys like Lester Williams should be mentioned too. All-American at Miami, the first huge "State of Miami" signing for the University in the modern era.

Love R. Lewis....but he has no business as a Top 3 Cane (in college) Morgan was a better "College" LBer....
1 Ray Lewis 160 1995
2 Ray Lewis 152 1994
3 Dan Morgan 150 1998
3a Nate Webster 150 1999
5 George Mira Jr. 147 1987
6 Ken Sisk 139 1983
7 Dan Morgan 138 2000

1st game as a starter 17 tackles

No way Ray Lewis is not in the conversation as the best LB at Miami.

1. Ray Lewis
2. Michael Barrow

and then fighting for 3rd:
Nate Webster
Dan Morgan
Jessie Armstead
Darrin Smith

1 Ray Lewis 160 1995
2 Ray Lewis 152 1994
3 Dan Morgan 150 1998
3a Nate Webster 150 1999
6 Ken Sisk 139 1983
7 Dan Morgan 138 2000

1. Ray Lewis
2. Michael Barrow

Nate Webster
Dan Morgan
Jessie Armstead
Darrin Smith
Lol....Morgan is UMs Alltime leader in Tackles..No way is Ray the best MIDDLE LBer in UM History...was he Great??...absolutely. but Morgan was the best MLBer in UM History.

1 Ray Lewis 160 1995
2 Ray Lewis 152 1994
3 Dan Morgan 150 1998
3a Nate Webster 150 1999
6 Ken Sisk 139 1983
7 Dan Morgan 138 2000

1. Ray Lewis
2. Michael Barrow

Nate Webster
Dan Morgan
Jessie Armstead
Darrin Smith
Dan Morgan and Brian f'ing Bozworth are arguably the best college football linebackers of all time. Dan Morgan is the best Miami LB ever.

Advertisement
Lol....Morgan is UMs Alltime leader in Tackles..No way is Ray the best MIDDLE LBer in UM History...was he Great??...absolutely. but Morgan was the best MLBer in UM History.
Dan Morgan and Brian f'ing Bozworth are arguably the best college football linebackers of all time. Dan Morgan is the best Miami LB ever.

:100:

Morgan won basically every award there is in college and is the prototype for how to play LB. I've never seen anyone better at the college level. Still my favorite Cane.

Advertisement
1 Ray Lewis 160 1995
2 Ray Lewis 152 1994
3 Dan Morgan 150 1998
3a Nate Webster 150 1999
6 Ken Sisk 139 1983
7 Dan Morgan 138 2000

1. Ray Lewis
2. Michael Barrow

Nate Webster
Dan Morgan
Jessie Armstead
Darrin Smith
Who was the DT who played in front of Ray Lewis? Case close!!

Advertisement
4 year starter stats versus 2.75 year stats. By that logic Kaaya is better than Kosar and Testaverde

Two posts to point out the unacceptable omission of the great Russell Maryland.

****, we getting slow around here 😉

I was just watching the 1988 Miami vs Michigan game and Russell Maryland name should always be mention among our best DTs

Jerome Brown and Reggie White in their primes were on the same D-Line for the Eagles in the early 1990’s along with another Pro Bowler in Clyde Simmons.

Think about that **** for a minute (youngstas just ask your dad or your uncle or somebody who would know). Probably should have been illegal.

93-F7-A8-C4-4429-4424-B188-2-D1-E078519-CB.jpg

They were monsters. That was a fun eagles team with Randall Cunningham at QB

Daniel Stubbs was dominate as a college DT and really fun to watch. One of best memories was the opposing offense ran a run to the right but the QB rolled left and our entire defense took the fake, except Stubbs. Stubbs looked like Superman fling at the QB so the QB simply went to the turf. Most of the mentioned stars had great supporting casts, Ted Hendricks and Sapp dominated individually. Hands down I put both Sapp and Hendricks as all time greats.

Greg Mark deserves a mention and Greg Rousseau would be there if not for just one year here.

Greg Mark a good mention. Not a great one but a pretty solid DT. My earliest memory of the canes if him/Maryland and Benard Clark beating Norte Dame at the Orange Bowl in a whooping

Advertisement
Back