Can we talk DT Position?

nvlahos

Junior
Premium
Is this sneakily one of our deepest positions on the team?

Not many are mentioning it but JHH and Moten have played great. Not only were they holding their own, but I noticed multiple times where they were blowing up plays (or allowing our LBs to make plays) and tossing around A&M OL pretty consistently.

Even Lichtenstein and Gore have held their own and play well

Bain getting snaps at DT too

LT has been quiet, but through 2 games the next 4 guys behind him and Dean have been very impressive. Excited to see what Horton and others can do this week as well

Advertisement
I don’t think it’s deep, and we don’t want 55 playing significant snaps but a couple of them played above their weight class yesterday and it was needed.

On that GL play that they ended up getting a false start on, JHH was 1000% about to blow that **** tf up after slipping a block and penetrating. We had Gore at 0-1, that should NEVER happen and is a problem in itself but yeah, need Deen back for ACC play.

Advertisement
I'm still waiting for LT to dominate a game like GWIII used to do (who didnt even get drafted..). Not sure its going to happen tbh
To be fair… GWIII was like a 5th year senior when he dominated but I’m also waiting for LT to step up.

We were playing with the lead for most of the 2nd half so they weren't able to run at those guys and our rush packages got to come in more. Definitely need the other guys to get healthy.

Not many are mentioning it but JHH and Moten have played great. Not only were they holding their own, but I noticed multiple times where they were blowing up plays (or allowing our LBs to make plays) and tossing around A&M OL pretty consistently.

LT has been quiet, but through 2 games the next 4 guys behind him and Dean have been very impressive. Excited to see what Horton and others can do this week as well
LT is getting double teamed a lot inside. But he’s holding up and that’s all you can ask of him right now. But we need to get him free on some stunts or at least some 1v1s. Him getting dubbed is giving Dean a chance to show out. Litchenstien (spelling?) even had some good reps man!

Advertisement
I'm still waiting for LT to dominate a game like GWIII used to do (who didnt even get drafted..). Not sure its going to happen tbh
Remember Willis dominated games as a 5th year senior. Taylor was light coming in. Put on a bunch of weight. Sometimes you have to catch up to the weight gain. Taylor is a junior

2 years ago JHH started games for us. Now, even with more experience, he's a backup due to the influx of talent CMC brought in.

He's a little smallish but I'm glad that we can fall back on a player like him when our starters go down.

Advertisement
JHH okay? I saw he got banged up during the fumble recovery we had. Looked like a shoulder. Based on what I saw and/or heard, we have JHH, Dean and Mesidor banged up. Anyone else?

To be fair… GWIII was like a 5th year senior when he dominated but I’m also waiting for LT to step up.
Eh I get that but you got people like Mel Kiper projecting LT as a mid-1st round pick and i literaly dont even notice he's out there when i watch miami play.

Yup I said this preseason…I think we have a top 10-12 DT unit this year. JHH was petty **** good against TAMU from what I saw.

The problem is moving forward… But Burrows helps a TON! And who knows, maybe LT stays? Either way I have full faith it will be addressed. Plus if I had to call it, I think Bain ends up inside.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back