Can We Stop with the "It's OK, 201[] is Loaded..."?

This is definitely the best year for talent in south Florida in a LONG time.

No one denies that. I certainly don't. But for the last 2-3 years, we've been hearing how Michel is one of the best backs to come through the county in a while and now, suddenly, people are saying the same old ****: "It's ok, we have Yearby [who, coincidentally, before he committed, no one wanted over Cook or Michel] and some other asshat from 2015 is amazing and he's a lock." Fact is, imo, we need a lead-back like Sony in this class (again, I consider Yearby more of a hybrid type), and Michel is out there for the taking. You can't miss kids like this and succeed.

In Golden I trust, but when he fails, he fails, no more covering **** up.

Advertisement

No one denies that. I certainly don't. But for the last 2-3 years, we've been hearing how Michel is one of the best backs to come through the county in a while and now, suddenly, people are saying the same old ****: "It's ok, we have Yearby [who, coincidentally, before he committed, no one wanted over Cook or Michel] and some other asshat from 2015 is amazing and he's a lock." Fact is, imo, we need a lead-back like Sony in this class (again, I consider Yearby more of a hybrid type), and Michel is out there for the taking. You can't miss kids like this and succeed.

In Golden I trust, but when he fails, he fails, no more covering **** up.

If Sony doesn't come here, there's nothing Golden could've done better. Everybody will agree with you, it would be a major loss for the program, but in the end, you can't put a gun against his head to choose Miami (Too bad!). There's some situation the staff mishandled, but not every kid who don't come to the U is the staffs fault.

Listen...in my opinion miami is definitely not the type of school where we can just 100 percent assume that a kid from right around the corner is going to come to miami. a stud from michigan...is probably going to michigan. a stud from texas...probably going to texas. a stud from bama...probably going to bama. We're not at that point. You can't really be a team who hasnt been to a good bowl in a long time and is on ncaa probation, and expect to pull in all the big boys.

that being said, what you hope for is that year after year we can pull in solid, hardworking recruits. Top 10 classes. Believe it or not its not always the most talented team that wins the game. Sometimes toughness and coaching can win games, and that those coaches know who they need to recruit. Look at our o-line for example. We have an already great o-line with a great oline class joining them in 2014.

Over time, i believe miami will start to win games, become a good team, and at that point...we should get every stud from sfla like in the old days

Gotta agree with map here. The whole "2014 is a great year for taalent" line of posting is just missing the point.

I agree with you, but at the same time I think Map is right. If we lose Sony, everyone will be well, we got Scarlet next year and we move away from the fact that we lost a potential generational type RB.

Advertisement
The fact is for the last two years the cloud of NCAA sanctions has *and continues to have* a negative impact on recruiting.

For Golden the playing field has not been level, and until UM recieves sanctions (and maybe for a season after that) it won't be level.

So considering the FUD surrounding sanctions, losing some kids in the recruiting game should not come as a surprise.

It is what it is.

Advertisement
Back