Can we stop the rumor mill

MizCane

Senior
On Dexter Williams already? All this sources/writing on the all **** is annoying and probably hurts us more then we know. I'm sure he and his family follow these sites and it can't be positive for a kid that has committed for the fan base to basically say he's gonna flip or it's as matter of time. If we can't even be confident then why would he if he already isn't feeling good about the stable we have on board already? Let's let it play out and not say anything unless he says otherwise. I love this kids tape and want him bad with Scarlett and Conkrite.

Advertisement
On Dexter Williams already? All this sources/writing on the all **** is annoying and probably hurts us more then we know. I'm sure he and his family follow these sites and it can't be positive for a kid that has committed for the fan base to basically say he's gonna flip or it's as matter of time. If we can't even be confident then why would he if he already isn't feeling good about the stable we have on board already? Let's let it play out and not say anything unless he says otherwise. I love this kids tape and want him bad with Scarlett and Conkrite.

You must be new around here.

Easy solution is for him to not be reaching out to other schools which is more fact than rumor.

People need to deal with reality. Not saying he is flipping, I have no flipping idea. But if you don't want rumors don't cause them via your actions.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this is a sports message board and rumors are what keep it going. Folks like to speculate and others just like stirring the pot to get reactions. I'm not wild about all the guess work and pot stirring either but this board is still the best source of information on the Canes I've found.

The other reality here is that Dexter and several of our other commits and targets are the top guys who are being courted by many of the major football schools. They aren't going to stop trying to flip them till NSD any more than our coaches stop trying to flip other program's top recruits. And the top recruits, with a few minor exceptions, aren't going to turn down the flattery and not take advantage of all this attention. Why would they? It's the way it is and it isn't going to stop anytime soon. If we weren't in the mix for the top talent you'd see all these rumors and speculation stop as no one would care. I'd rather have other teams trying to woo our guys away than ignoring them. Says our coaches are targeting the right players to me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You mean shut PETE the **** up

**Your weekly Dexter Williams update… CanesInSight’s Nash Williams spoke to him this weekend and he continues to say he is sticking strong, but his actions are showing different. I’m told that Williams reached out to Notre Dame this past week expressing some concern about a potential crowded backfield at Miami. I’m not saying that Notre Dame is the team to watch for, but there is just a lot of things working against Miami and I still do not see him sticking. Read Nash’s interview with Williams here - http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/...mitment-rumors

**** does get annoying and does hurt miamis recruiting efforts if a kid comes here and reads twenty dumb ****'s who know nothing say that hes not going to be in the class. Meanwhile he visits a gator site and gets his head pumped up.

Williams is still going to reach out to other programs to gauge interest, as has been reported, regardless of whether that information is posted here.

As for what the fan base is saying, it's not like people are expressing apathy over the possibility of losing him. Even with three four-star RB commits and another who's trying to reclassify, fans are overwhelmingly hoping that Williams sticks with his commitment because he's a phenomenal talent. Having his speed and Scarlett's on the field at the same time would be lethal for our offense. Seeing that type of support amid all the decommitment rumors certainly isn't a negative.

It's not like what happened over at 247 where Stampini posted that Florida's coaches view him as a lesser priority than McCloud. This site's insiders have said repeatedly that the staff wants to hang onto him badly. It's hard to imagine that anything posted on this board has negatively affected his commitment status.

I understand the rumor mill but when it's about a kid who has already committed it's a different story. When recruits haven't made up their mind we can speculate all we want. William's is a commit and I won't think otherwise until I hear from him something different.

Advertisement
8.jpg:large

I understand the rumor mill but when it's about a kid who has already committed it's a different story. When recruits haven't made up their mind we can speculate all we want. William's is a commit and I won't think otherwise until I hear from him something different.

Kids decommit all the time. Until they have signed their LOI you can't really say their mind is made up.

A kid can easily control these rumors by shutting down their recruitment once they are committed and not going on visits or even calling yourself a soft commit. Most don't do that which is a shame.

Advertisement
I want to feel like an important part of the recruiting process but in reality I'm not. Neither are our posts here or anywhere else. Just entertainment.

How is it a rumor when Dexter Williams says he's 80% right now? .....Not sure about you but I want to know if he's reaching out to other schools

Advertisement
How is drawing attention to it by starting its own thread helping?

Rumors and news about recruits is why this board exists.

You think I come here to read about Pete's ****** choice in basketball teams, him getting his *** beat playing basketball or people making fun of him for it?

Of course not ---- there is another board for that.......w......w.....w.....w.....e.....z.....c.....o......m

Advertisement
Back