Can we see a lot of Richards and Langham on opposite sides?

Thomas saw 6 snaps on Saturday which is a completely ridiculous stat. But even more ridiculous is answering how was he rewarded after his TD catch on only his 2nd snap of the game? Benched until the last drive.

******* retarded

Advertisement
I was pretty discouraged that Harley was a starter against Syracuse.

Richards, Berrios, Langham, Thomas have proven themselves time and again. We really don't need to play 7 or 8 WRs.

Everyone gets a turn for us at WR and DB, but not at other positions. Weird.

Yep. We've not rotated LB's, D-linemen, or O-linemen at all this year...smdh :stephenahand:

Harley blocks his *** off downfield which explains a lot of his PT. He definitely blocks above his weight class.

Richards, Berrios, Langham, Thomas have proven themselves time and again. We really don't need to play 7 or 8 WRs.

Yep. We've not rotated LB's, D-linemen, or O-linemen at all this year...smdh :stephenahand:

Blow it out your *** lard mouth.

We do rotate some at those positions but QB/WR rapport and timing might improve with a shortened rotation.

I understand the need to play 10 DBs against Cuse because of the pace/style but moving forward I'd like to see that rotation shortened as well.

Advertisement
For the folks that have actually played football at a collegiate level, how easy or common is it to switch a player from a flanker to a split end or vice versa in the middle of a season? Seeing as how this is becoming the latest thing that fans have latched on to cry about. Is it easy or common for any random wr to just switch positions and learn the routes and nuances in a week of practice? Two weeks?
What a funny and flawed tone.

For those who come on here to genuinely discuss football and aren't overprotective of virtually anything that may seem like an attack on Coach Richt, it was reported multiple times that Richards saw time in multiple spots during Fall camp.

I can't confirm that because I didn't watch Fall practice this year, but others can probably pull up the posts. D$, who did watch practice, mentioned it a few times as well.

Sorry. After reading literally hundreds of posts blaming richt's playcalling for the offense's struggles, I can't help it. People think richt is the reason why our plays are so "unimaginative" when the real answer has been smacking them in the face.
Fair, but some of us just want to talk football. It's not an attack on a man who knows more football than probably all on here combined. Ignore the irrational posts. There are plenty. There are also some decent football discussions every now and then. Discouraging those hurts the board's quality. Even Coach Richt mentions stuff he's either working on or needs to work on.

Would be surprised if this is a wrinkle he doesn't implement.

pretty safe to say Richt has probably thought about this. But why roll out wrinkles before you need them and give future opponents time to react to them? With VT and ND still on the docket we may not see this until then.

We do rotate some at those positions but QB/WR rapport and timing might improve with a shortened rotation.

I understand the need to play 10 DBs against Cuse because of the pace/style but moving forward I'd like to see that rotation shortened as well.
Just say that next time. Or better yet, don't say anything at all if all you can think to say is something stupid that completely ignores the coaching staff's obvious attempts to get as many players burn as possible. This strategy has already payed dividends and will continue to do so in those blood, guts, and grit situations when we really need to be able to lean on the 2nd and 3rd stringers to be able to step in and know what they're doing and provide quality snaps in tough situations.

For the folks that have actually played football at a collegiate level, how easy or common is it to switch a player from a flanker to a split end or vice versa in the middle of a season? Seeing as how this is becoming the latest thing that fans have latched on to cry about. Is it easy or common for any random wr to just switch positions and learn the routes and nuances in a week of practice? Two weeks?
What a funny and flawed tone.

For those who come on here to genuinely discuss football and aren't overprotective of virtually anything that may seem like an attack on Coach Richt, it was reported multiple times that Richards saw time in multiple spots during Fall camp.

I can't confirm that because I didn't watch Fall practice this year, but others can probably pull up the posts. D$, who did watch practice, mentioned it a few times as well.

Sorry. After reading literally hundreds of posts blaming richt's playcalling for the offense's struggles, I can't help it. People think richt is the reason why our plays are so "unimaginative" when the real answer has been smacking them in the face.
Fair, but some of us just want to talk football. It's not an attack on a man who knows more football than probably all on here combined. Ignore the irrational posts. There are plenty. There are also some decent football discussions every now and then. Discouraging those hurts the board's quality. Even Coach Richt mentions stuff he's either working on or needs to work on.

Would be surprised if this is a wrinkle he doesn't implement.

pretty safe to say Richt has probably thought about this. But why roll out wrinkles before you need them and give future opponents time to react to them? With VT and ND still on the docket we may not see this until then.
Agreed. I'm sure he and staff have thought of it. Doesn't necessarily mean they'll do it. Doesn't mean they (or anyone) are flawless. We had issues with personnel groupings last year. Coach Richt admitted to some of his own issues as well. If the thinking is "we're saving it for VT and ND," sounds good to me. We'll soon find out. I'd be as pumped as when he rolled out the consistent 5WR sets.

Just say that next time. Or better yet, don't say anything at all if all you can think to say is something stupid that completely ignores the coaching staff's obvious attempts to get as many players burn as possible. This strategy has already payed dividends and will continue to do so in those blood, guts, and grit situations when we really need to be able to lean on the 2nd and 3rd stringers to be able to step in and know what they're doing and provide quality snaps in tough situations.

The only thing I'm completely ignoring is you as a user. Don't ever respond to another one of my posts again or I'll kill your whole family.

Advertisement

The only thing I'm completely ignoring is you as a user. Don't ever respond to another one of my posts again or I'll kill your whole family.

Would you like me to PM you the address?

Advertisement
Back